cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 Gig Quest 2 Crashing

DarnBonkers
Explorer

I would like to start off with the fact that I got the quest 2 right when it came out so it is fairly old. But I was wondering if there was anyway to fix the constant crashes. Because after only 10 to 30 minutes of playtime, it will crash the game first then the quest itself will completely shut off and refuse to turn on for a couple of minutes. It is even worse with air link because it will either refuse to connect or it will stay connected for 5 minutes, then crash and boot loop my quest. I have even tried to use wired instead and the same issue persists. My PC specs are beyond the recommended requirements and my drivers are up to date. Is there anything I can do to fix these issues with my quest 2 (or I suppose meta quest 2 now)?

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @DarnBonkers. We can definitely understand how concerning it would be for the game to keep crashing, then the headset doing the same. We'd be glad to help out however we can! Is this only happening when connected to your computer, or does this happen when using the headset as a standalone device as well? We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ah thank you for the response!, Yes it happens as a standalone device as well, it will shut off entirely sometimes. I have even crashed while idling in the home menu, which is very surprising. So it does happen both when linked to my computer and when I try to use it standalone.

Hey there! Thank you for that information. We would like for you to factory reset your device to see if that fixes the issue. Before doing a factory reset, we'd like for you to enable Cloud Backup. This will save all of your data on the headset to the cloud, and you won't lose any game progress after doing a factory reset. To enable Cloud Backup, please do the following:

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select  Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on.

We will also like to note that doing a factory reset will not cause you to lose any of your purchased games. After enabling Cloud Backup, please follow these steps to do a factory reset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight yes and press the power button.

We hope this gives you some clarity, and hopefully this will help you with your games freezing on you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have already factory reset it several times to try and fix it, it hasn't worked. I wish that would work but my vr runs like it's on it's last leg.

Hey there! Thank you for that information. Could you please try the following: 

We look forward to your response! 

Hey there! We're just following up with you to see if you still need assistance. If so, please provide the information from our previous message and we'll assist. We hope you have a great day!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?