cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 digit code ruining my game

Ezzy156982
Explorer

I’m now having issues where it said to go to meta.com/device to put in the 8 digit code on my screen however it I have had this issue before and I had to factory reset so instead I tried to restart the headset and now I can’t even see what apps I have, it says I have to first close “com.oculus.os.vrlockscreen” to continue so when I press quit app it just brings me back to the same thing, so I tried to press cancel and it bring me back to the oculus home menu, but there I still can’t press anything PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ISSUE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey Ezzy,

If I'm understanding correctly, you aren't able to enter the 8 digit code on the site. I've got an article here on our support site that you should check out. It's got a few steps in relation to this issue you're having. I'll drop the link HERE. In the end, you may need to factory reset to fix this. I know you want to try everything possible before resorting to that, so the article and the support team are your best bet for finding all options available to you.

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey Ezzy,

If I'm understanding correctly, you aren't able to enter the 8 digit code on the site. I've got an article here on our support site that you should check out. It's got a few steps in relation to this issue you're having. I'll drop the link HERE. In the end, you may need to factory reset to fix this. I know you want to try everything possible before resorting to that, so the article and the support team are your best bet for finding all options available to you.

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

Thanks I will try this!

hey there 

FastPlayer1025
Honored Guest

Same thing is happening to me! 

Hiya @FastPlayer1025! We couldn't help but notice you are reaching out regarding your issue with inputting your 8-digit code. We totally understand how this can get in the way of gaming! No worries, we'd be more than happy to lend you a hand with this. If you are having issues with your 8-digit code, please try the following: 

• Restart your headset, then connect the Meta Quest mobile app to your headset.
  • Go to auth.meta.com/settings/security/ and click LOG OUT OF ALL SESSIONS. In your headset, you should now see a device code screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your device code. After you log back in, your device should restart - if not, you can manually restart your headset.
  • If you’re having problems with an additional Meta account on your device, remove and then re-add the account.
  • Perform a factory reset.

We hope this helps. If you continue to experience issues with your device code, hit us up on private message. We'd be happy to continue helping you out with this!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Same here…

Hey there, @oomic! We couldn't help but notice that you are reaching out because you are experiencing some issues with the 8-digit pairing code. We get how frustrating something like that can be and how it can really affect your overall experience, so we'd love to help you get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible! We see that we recently provided troubleshooting steps that we believe may be beneficial and may help to resolve your issue. Please try the above mentioned troubleshooting steps posted previously on this thread and let us know how it goes! Don't hesitate to reach back out to us if you are still experiencing issues and needing our assistance as we are always happy to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Heyyy @oomic! We just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you were still needing assistance with the pairing issues that you were experiencing. Feel free to reach back out to us if you happen to have any further questions or concerns as we are always happy to help! 

Hey meta support. I followed the instructions you put up and im.still having trouble with the 8 digit code. I already performed a factory reset also. Please help with the 8 digit code problem.  Every code I try says incorrect code. HEEEEELP!!!