cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD 7800XT doesnt meet minimum system requirments?

Mute_Crow
Protege

I just bought and installed a brand new 7800XT, upgrading from a 5700, yet oculus says it doesn't meet the minimum requirements? This GPU is pretty high end isn't it? Much more advanced than the 5700 at the very least with double the Vram....

15 REPLIES 15

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mute_Crow! We understand that the message you received might have been unexpected. Unfortunately, your GPU is not listed among the supported ones from the link here. Therefore, we cannot confirm whether there are any driver issues or not. However, if everything is functioning properly, at your discretion you can ignore the warning as it should not prevent you from using your device. I hope this helps out. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

nathanforget
Honored Guest

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible for you to send a message to your French Support so that they can get back to me? Thank you

Hey again, @nathanforget. We sent your post over to our French message boards. You can find it by clicking Here.
As mentioned, we are only able to help in English on this section of the Forums. If you want to get assistance in English, let us know at any time!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Latest AMD gpus are not supported by Meta, but may still work in spite of the error messages. Same goes for Nvidia Series 40 (RTX 4060 - 4090), even if these are shown as supported on the Link compatibility page. 

Do not expect new PC gpus to receive Meta support - just because a gpu is available does not mean it will be supported. Meta no longer cares for PCVR support, just be happy you can still install the software with the 7800XT 😉 

If you want full Meta PCVR software support with no error mesages, keep to AMD 6000 cards or Nvidia Series 30 (or older gpus). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Scottc70
Honored Guest

I am having the same problem. why is Meta not getting the oculus software to work with AMD 

Hey there, @Scottc70. We'd love to gather your PC specs and further look into how our software and your PC are communicating, so thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention! We know receiving errors while launching into PCVR can make it hard to enjoy your apps, but no worries, we want to get to the bottom of this! 

To help us get started, we would like to gather the following details: 

• Are you receiving the same error regarding PC requirements? If so, are you still able to access your PC games?
  • Are your PC's drivers and other components fully up-to-date?
  • Has the PCVR app worked before? If so, has the app been repaired or uninstalled?

Hey there, @Scottc70! We just wanted to check in and see if you still needed help with your PC being compatible with your headset. Please let us know, and we'll be happy to assist you!

Maxx_7854
Explorer

A few days ago there was the same upgrade, 5700XT to 7800XT, and the games are not working properly. Once every 10 minutes, the image in the glasses starts to double, using the Oculus Tray Tool I found out that the compositor is dropping frames, and after ~10 minutes, when the comp present buffer overflows (as I understand it) it starts dropping all the frames, and the picture is double. But, after a couple of minutes of such work, the compositor comes to life, and again after 10 minutes it dies... At first I thought that the problem was with my Rift S, I reinstalled it several times, changed the drivers for the video card, but it turned out that the problem was in the video card, friend let me test his 6700XT for a day and the games worked well. What can I do in this situation? Except changing videocard or headset (at least 1 not properly working program isn't enough to refund video card).

Spoiler
OculusScreenshot1711484106.jpegOculusScreenshot1711484157.jpeg

There's really nothing you can do. Meta does not care for PCVR, and you bought an unsupported video card.

If you can, get an RTX 3080 instead, it's just as fast and is fully supported by Meta. Or consider 3060 Ti or 3070, none of the Series 40 cards are fully supported even if it says so on Meta's Link page.

If you want full support, then you do not decide which video card you want - Meta decides.

That's one reason I still have the RTX 3090 - it's fully supported by Meta. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?