cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP SHARING : 3 headsets : Quest 2

ZombieEngineerz8
Honored Guest

Hello Fellow VR'ers, 

I purchased my Quest 2 a few months ago and absolutely LOVE it!  So much so, I bought another one for my son (19).  After some initial setups, we were able to app share together no problem.   Works likes a charm!

Now my Daughter bought one (22) and wants to app share as well.  (She has not set it up yet).  I believe I can a 3rd person to my account and share., is that correct? (up to 3?) . Can 3 separate headsets be used to App share?  Nothing online really spoke to being able to share with 3 headsets.   If so, is it the same process?  Look forward to your guidance,

Cheers! 

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

EDIT 11/23/2023: Currently, an admin account can only share apps on one device. You can switch which device has App Sharing turned on by following these directions. Visit this article for more details on app sharing.

Hey ZombieEngineerz8, 

We're so glad to hear our legendary VR family is expanding, welcome! 

You're in luck, you can add up to thee additional accounts on your device. Please refer to this Oculus Support article here to learn more about multiple accounts. 

We'll provide you with information on how to Add additional accounts on Oculus Quest 2 , in the case you need a refresher. 

If after attempting the steps, you aren't able to add the third account, please open an Oculus Support ticket for additional troubleshooting assistance. 

Happy Spooky Season. 🧟‍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Dear OculusSupport, 

Your answer is incorrect. You can only app share between 2 headsets not 3. I know this because I also purchased a 2nd and 3rd headset for my kids this Christmas. I came here to this forum and saw your reply before I forked over the $600+ dollars to get the 2 headsets as I wanted to make sure I can share my multiplayer apps with my family. Now I have to return the headsets because we can only share with 2 (not 3) headsets! If you re-read the original post you will clearly see that the poster asked, "Can 3 separate headsets be used to App share?" Can I open a tech support ticket to fix this?  

Hello, thanks for your inquiry! We noticed your question regarding app sharing. App sharing is a pretty cool feature to experience between gamers! 🙂 Yes, the previous response is correct. App share is available between 2 headsets. 

For more details on app sharing, you may click here to review the article.

Let us know if you need assistance with anything else. 🙂 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

🤔Question: Why cant I share my games with a 3rd headset? I want to play with my Son and Daughter (and perhaps my wife in the future). You are forcing me to purchase a game 2 or 3 times. This does not seem like a family friendly model from Oculus. In fact, because of this I guess I will be returning the 2 headsets purchased this Christmas. Oculus has given me a false perception and has marketed to consumers that it is possible to share apps (but conveniently left out this little detail). I thought META wanted to expand in this market where an entire family can share in the experiences together.

Oculus should clearly state:

NOTE: You can only share apps with 2 headsets per family! 

You should also change your marketing tags for META:  The metaverse will be social (but for only 2 of your household members at a time!)😡

Hello The_Matrix, thanks for your feedback. We did not mean to upset you or cause confusion. At Oculus, we want our customers to know that their needs and concerns are important to us. With that said, although app sharing is available only between 2 headsets, you do have the ability to add multiple accounts.

To learn more about multiple accounts, please click here

Let us know if you need anything else. 🙂

Same.  This is really crappy.
Google search showed the 

"We're so glad to hear our legendary VR family is expanding, welcome! 

You're in luck, you can add up to thee additional accounts on your device. "

So I purchased 2 more headsets (making the total of 4 in the household) -- only to find out that to play games I will have to fork out double or more the money on every game.  Super frustrating after spending close to 2,000.00 on hardware alone.
and to clarify, by 'same household' I mean the same physical space on the same IP address.  We are not trying to share games across multiple locations, just to play multiplayer mini golf when our kids / friends when they come over.
--Joe

Truly is so sad they put it that way

travisjcoffey
Honored Guest

Dear meta, may I give you a recommendation? Try to go for the Netflix model, maybe start with three headsets, with the same IP address and then start charging every two headsets after that instead of every game.

Multiplayer mini golf is exactly why I found this thread. I own the Quest 1, 2, AND 3 and just want to play walkabout mini golf w my friends in my dorm. Why can't the three headsets I own have a shared library? This tech is so cool, but I can't even play put put with two friends at once?? Bummer. I really miss the days when Oculus was still Oculus.