cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASW is completely broken and creates artefacts that prevents me from playing any PCVR game

CYAN_ure
Adventurer

Hello,

I've the weirdest issue and it suddenly (well, at least I don't know what's causing it) appeared: ASW is triggering horrible artifacts, mostly on plain background.

Video of the issue:

- It happens on every game I've tried. It also happens on the PCVR Oculus Dashboard. 

- This is not a framerate issue.

- It happens mainly on plain backgrounds and a lot less when there is details.

- It happens only with my 4090. If I put my 3090 back, the issue is gone. 

Quest 2 (Link or Airlink)

4090 RTX with 526.86 drivers

Oculus software 46.0.0.230.0 (46.0.0.229.0)

Could you guys tell me if this is an issue on my side or if ASW is actually broken? Could be an Nvidia driver issue, Oculus software issue, I really don't know so I'd like some support from Oculus Team.

@MetaQuestSupport Have you guys ever seen this or got reports about a similar issue?

Thanks!

73 REPLIES 73

f14billy
Honored Guest

I have the same issue with the quest 2 and 4090.

The only way to minimize the issue with ASW is to make sure the scenery has more detail (clouds etc) otherwise it is very noticeable.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Meta does not support the RTX 4090 yet - at least not to my knowledge.

When new gpus arrive, it can take many months before these are supported.

So if you care most for VR, never buy a new gpu before Meta supports it.

Do expect all kinds of issues when choosing to use unsupported gpus. Same for operating systems, it took Meta a year to support Win11.

RTX 4090 is supported when it says so on this page:

https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/meta-quest-link-compat...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

To turn off ASW press ctrl+num1  (numeric keyboard 1, not top row 1).  Try that an see if it helps.  You can go back to default = Auto ASW with ctrl+4

Best way to avoid ASW auto kicking in is to lower your graphics settings.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thanks but I want to use ASW. And since ASW is broken, it indeed works well without it. 

Thanks for the link. I won't close the thread yet and will wait for the 4090 to be fully supported and to see if this is fixed. 

VR2018FR
Expert Protege

hopefully for me I own several other headsets  but using a quest 2 and a rtx 4090 is just another  bad  joke frome metazuck ! 

I wonder if it's  the same with quest pro ?

bdmski88
Honored Guest

Glad to have found this, I am having the exact same issue only I have a 4080. Appears exclusively in blue skies with no clouds. Will try turning off ASW. Please let me know if you find a solution.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, you guy's are really ahead with the new GPU's. If you refer to this public article here, you will see that Meta has not fully developed support for this graphics card currently.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for the answer. Do we have any ETA, even for just the Beta branch by any chance?
RTX 4090 hit the market two months ago now.