cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to remove apps from library

evan_richter
Honored Guest
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I am doing it here because this frustrates me to no end.
I have free apps and demos that I want to remove, including one that I installed accidentally. I want to permanently remove them from my library, yet there is no ability to do so. Please allow for me to permanently remove apps, particularly when they are free.
9 REPLIES 9

killswitch85
Expert Protege
Can you not do this using sidequest?

Richooal
Consultant
All apps remain linked to your account to prove ownership (even free ones), but you can filter them out so that they don't show up in your library.
I don't know about this new fangled quest thingy, but for Rift it's easy to do.......................

vf87biir5q9t.jpg

Just uncheck the box.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

durnurd
Explorer

was able to eventually convince their support staff to remove an app from my account. I did have to be really pushy about it, but eventually it got done. I had to restart my device as part of the process, which caused it to go through something that looked like a firmware update, but after that, the icon was gone.

Obviously not the solution we want, but at least we know it’s possible. And if you really need the icon removed, just contact support and keep insisting that it must be removed.

I asked about this a couple of years back, still not fixed.  Can't even find a way to do it with side quest.

Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

TJSlayer
Explorer

Totally agree and should have nothing to do with a free app or demo to prove that we bought it...

There should be a prompt and a secondary warning asking about removing the app, or should be able to permanently choose to display or hide uninstalled titles.. which would clean things up as well.

I'm hesitant to install any demo or free game as if i don't like it there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it, or if i decide to purchase the full version the demo is always there.... 

It's just plain silly...

Yeah, even if I sort the list to show installed apps only, and sort A-Z after a reboot the ordering is lost.   I only ever want to see apps listed A-Z and installed, why can't I make a simple setting like that persistent.

Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

m3nf
Honored Guest

Another for this basic feature, its been requested years ago now and still not added, makes you wonder what they are doing with updates.

www.pompeylearninated.com

If they cant fix this outright, the least they could do is give you a way to select 'Installed' as the default instead of ALL.  Very frustrating, as a programmer I can tell you it is not a hard fix. 

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Check out this comment regarding this feature: https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Ideas/Add-a-way-to-delete-games-from-the-library-not-just-unin...

We are all mad here.