cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally Turned on Horizon Personal Boundary

i0che
Honored Guest

I accidentally turned on horizon personal boundary, and now I am unable to turn it off. Based on the official artical I could turn it off through safety in setting but I dont think I have that option available in my Quest 3.

For your reference:

Personal Boundary Official Article  

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @i0che! Thank you so much for reaching out about this. We would love to get your settings modified to your liking for comfortable gaming and the best VR experience as possible. We have a few questions so that we can better understand the issue at hand today.

1. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Also, 
  2. Was the option to turn it on and off there before you accidentally turned it off?

We value your response and look forward to hearing back from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I dont think I can unistall and re-install Meta Horizon as it already comes with the Quest 3 as the immersive experience. However, I have tried Factory reseting the Quest and the issue still remains. 

About the option, I am not really sure as I have been searching for it in setting and it is nowhere to be found.

Thank you for providing us with that update. We had a quick question for you.

• Can you tell us if the Safety and Wellbeing tab is available at the top of your Settings tab? This is where you should be able to reset the boundary. 

If you are still not able to find it, please let us know, and we can continue to work with you to find a resolution. We're eager to get this sorted out for you so you can get back into the world of VR the way you want to.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Under my setting in Quest 3 , I can see "Privacy & Safety" and "Physical Boundary".

I tried adjusting the physical boundary and does not seem to work as the boundary that I am facing issue with is the Meta Horizon Personal Space Boundary not the actual physical boundary.

Also thanks for replying back :), as this issue been frustrating me for a while now as I am enable to get near my friends in the immersive mode. 

Hey again, @i0che! Not a problem; we're always happy to help a member of our VR fam if we can. Thanks for sharing that update with us and for the clarification. Here you can find some photos and steps for how to turn the personal boundary on and off, as well as some additional info about the personal boundary in general. Please let us know if the issue is still there, and we'll still be happy to continue working with you to get it resolved.

I have already visited this site before and what I have figured that I dont have these options available in my Quest.

Thanks for the update, can you get us a screenshot of what you're seeing? this is specifically a setting within Horizons and shouldn't be specific to a Quest device. We're looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hey again, @i0che just following up to see if you could get us a screen shot of this so we can dig further into it! We're looking forward to hearing back from you.

I apologize for the delay, its just the regular settings I dont know what to capture to be exact and I have searched in every single option. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?