cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally clicked Deny instead of Allow your computer to access files. How change?

Trigly
Honored Guest

Can't figure out how to change this back.  When Quest 2 is connected to PC via USB it asks to Allow or Deny access to files.  We Accidentally clicked Deny (don't ask again) and can't figure out how to change that back to Allow?

Looking for help on where to find that setting.  Searches lead to needing to set up a Developers Account to gain access to the development mode on the quest to change but that seems to not be a user method of doing so, so I assume there must be a way of changing it without needing to do that.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@Trigly Oh man, clicking deny or do not show again again always take the fun away, so I'd be glad to give some insight. 

I have seen the developer option work for a lot of people, however it does take a couple of extra steps for setting up a developer account

The other option that works for most is to factory reset the headset then re-connect. That usually fixes it in a pinch. The thing about this option is it will delete any apps/games and in-game data from the headset. Purchases stay linked to the account.

Regarding the in-game data, there is a Cloud Backup that developers can opt in and out of anytime. You can check which apps have cloud backup through here also. If you have any other questions, let me know! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@Trigly Oh man, clicking deny or do not show again again always take the fun away, so I'd be glad to give some insight. 

I have seen the developer option work for a lot of people, however it does take a couple of extra steps for setting up a developer account

The other option that works for most is to factory reset the headset then re-connect. That usually fixes it in a pinch. The thing about this option is it will delete any apps/games and in-game data from the headset. Purchases stay linked to the account.

Regarding the in-game data, there is a Cloud Backup that developers can opt in and out of anytime. You can check which apps have cloud backup through here also. If you have any other questions, let me know! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Ok, thank you for the insight! I was considering the factory reset option, though the download time to put the apps back on was a making me prefer not to do that 🙂  I did end up making a developer account, I am just surprised that I had to do that to access that setting. Good to know the setting wasn't somewhere obvious that I was missing.

Thanks for the feedback