cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Disabled and Can't access anything

rb1900.08
Level 2

Hello,

My FB account was hacked and hijacked. Things were posted without my knowledge and my account is now disabled. It all happened within minutes and I could not do anything to prevent the sequence of events. I can't even use my login to post on this forum...I had to create a new Oculus account just to post this. This is crazy that the victims are punished as there is no way to rectify things with Facebook. One would think that there would be help; but there is not. One would think there would be checks and balances for when there are 3 logins from 3 different country/continents with minutes of each other.

Now my child does not have access to his Oculus. How can a product be sold that requires a FB account only to have it disabled making the Oculus/games null and void. Can someone/anyone help me?

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rb1900.08! we have great news,

Facebook is no longer needed for you to access your account, you'll just need to access it with the email address that you have linked with your Facebook account. We'll leave some great links below that will come in handy for you to create your Meta Quest account.

In addition, for your hacked Facebook account, we'll leave a support link here for further assistance.

Please let us know if it works.

Hello,
When using my old credentials, it says my password is incorrect so I opt to change it. When I follow the instruction on ‘Forgot Password’ it tells me my account can’t be found.
This is so frustrating. I have no idea how this is allowed to happen.
And for the record, I do not care about badges and levels. I want to log in to my oculus with my old credentials as that has all the games associated with it

Hey there, @rb1900.08! Let's work together to get this fixed and get you back to your previous account, so let's start by sending us a PM, to get this sorted out! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

rb1900.08
Level 2

As my account is now permanently banned on FB.  How do I get the games I purchased with that account for my sons Oculus?  I had to create an entirely new Oculus account therefore the games that I purchased are no long available.  Please advise.

Hey there, rb1900.08! We understand how inconvenient an account issue like this can be. We want only the best experience possible for our VR family. Not to worry. You should send us a PM so we can look into this for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.