cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed with Quest3 beginner

Newlisalife03
Explorer

Purchased the Q3 this week as an older in age first timer .…And I’m having difficulties all round.
The headset is so uncomfortable, I have tried different ways even putting a baseball cap on back to front. Also it’s not only given me a headache but it’s making me feel very nauseous and woke up feeling quite rough, and I haven’t even got around to playing anything yet apart from what’s already on there when purchased. The signing up for apps that you install meant taking off the headset (after just getting it all set in place) going into you phone, trying to verify etc without any luck. maybe this all takes time to learn so I’m wondering if I should persevere or send it back.

Thanks and appreciate any feed back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

I found simple things like drawing in Tilt Brush didn't affect people with VR sickness as much. There's a free version of it for Quests called Open Brush: https://www.meta.com/en-gb/experiences/3600360710032222

(Tilt Brush was by Google and they charged money for it. But they abandoned it and released the source code so the community picked it up and keeps supporting it)

Spatial is a bit of a special case. It's multi-platform, it works across web, mobile phones and different VR systems. That means they have to have their own account system (since they can't use your Meta account for non Meta systems) and that means extra steps to get the game working. The same for similar games like Rec Room, Sansar, Elite Dangerous, etc (multi-platform multiplayer games). But the majority of games aren't like that. You can buy them, install and then play entirely in your headset.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Choleni
MVP
MVP

The headset is so uncomfortable

People say it's much better with Meta's Elite headband.

That's not enough for me, I always go with something from Bobovr. It relieves the strain on your forehead and is cheaper than Meta's.

Whatever you choose.....if you want some comfort, you have to get rid of these elastic head strap.

it’s making me feel very nauseous and woke up feeling quite rough

Most people get nauseous and dizzy when they start using VR.
It takes time to get used to it. Some people need more, others need less.

@007xSlayerx007  wrote a GUIDE  that might help you.....for me beat saber is still the best to start with🙂

trying to verify etc without any luck

Here I'm not sure what you mean. Are you not able to do a subscription or buy something?

Thank you, I will go check out the guide 😊

“Here I'm not sure what you mean. Are you not able to do a subscription or buy something?”

I am not sure if I’m just being stupid or whether it’s frustration with the process. So I thought I’d start with trying a free install called Spatial. The game on the VR gave me a code and said I would need to go and verify this on my phone. My phone sent me an email which i verified and then asked that I set up an account with username and password. Even though I picked a username that they set at random, the button lit up next….. however nothing happened. I persevered so many times but with no luck. Another I tried was inner world. 
All I wanted to do was to see how things worked to know what games to purchase. I will install Beat Saber when I next try. 
Also I will look into the head strap you recommended. 
Thanks again 😊

Bobovr for Quest 3 is currently out of stock in most shops (many people are trying to get their hands on it 😂).

The best way is, to order it directly from Bobovr.com.....I'm not sure, if I'm allowed to put the link to the shop in, so just google for it,

I never tried those games you mentioned, so unfortunately i'm no help🙁

Maybe here are some other users that can help you with that.

And NO....you are not stupid🙂

kojack
MVP
MVP

I found simple things like drawing in Tilt Brush didn't affect people with VR sickness as much. There's a free version of it for Quests called Open Brush: https://www.meta.com/en-gb/experiences/3600360710032222

(Tilt Brush was by Google and they charged money for it. But they abandoned it and released the source code so the community picked it up and keeps supporting it)

Spatial is a bit of a special case. It's multi-platform, it works across web, mobile phones and different VR systems. That means they have to have their own account system (since they can't use your Meta account for non Meta systems) and that means extra steps to get the game working. The same for similar games like Rec Room, Sansar, Elite Dangerous, etc (multi-platform multiplayer games). But the majority of games aren't like that. You can buy them, install and then play entirely in your headset.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Thank you. Good info. Made sense as to why I have problems with Spatial. I also tried Rec room which I uninstalled as it kept reloading and starting again and then when I finally was able to walk in it made me feel very 🤢

Thanks again very my appreciated 😊

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?