cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After setting up Airlink, playing SteamVR via Virtual desktop isn't working

OliveTwig
Level 2

The title says it all. Before I set up airlink, playing steamvr with virtual desktop worked perfectly. Now, after I set up airlink, I get a black screen when I boot up steamvr via virtual desktop. Anyone know what's going on or how to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @OliveTwig! We definitely understand the frustration of something not working that used to work perfectly. We'd be glad to help out however we can! Try loading up Steam VR in the following order and let us know if it helps out at all.

• Restart your PC, close Steam if it opens automatically.
  • Launch the Oculus PC app
  • Connect your headset to the PC app (Link or Air Link if on a Quest 2)
  • Wait 3-5 minutes or until you are in your Oculus Home and see your library
  • Launch Steam, and launch Steam VR

Let us know how the troubleshooting goes, we'll be looking forward to hearing back from you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

OliveTwig
Level 2

Actually, I can go into steamvr but its just a gray area. No hud but i can interact with it

Hey there, @OliveTwig! We definitely understand the frustration of something not working that used to work perfectly. We'd be glad to help out however we can! Try loading up Steam VR in the following order and let us know if it helps out at all.

• Restart your PC, close Steam if it opens automatically.
  • Launch the Oculus PC app
  • Connect your headset to the PC app (Link or Air Link if on a Quest 2)
  • Wait 3-5 minutes or until you are in your Oculus Home and see your library
  • Launch Steam, and launch Steam VR

Let us know how the troubleshooting goes, we'll be looking forward to hearing back from you!