cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agonizing Stick Drift

SuditGunner83
Honored Guest

Dude, i have a NEW LEVEL of stick drift. It's agonizing to play ANY GAME. The angle fix thing and dead zone doesn't work, taking off the batteries doesn't work, i don't think theres any WD-40 in my house, by the way. I need immediate help, because it's extremely bad  to play any sort of game.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Absolutely no worries! I know compressed air isn't the most common thing to have laying around. I just wanted to make sure I gave you all the troubleshooting steps I could.

In regards to unpairing and re-pairing the controllers, I actually linked to the article in my first reply when I mentioned it! I'll go ahead and share the URL for you here too: https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/getting-started/getting-started-with-quest-2/manually-pair-...

Let me know if there's anything else you need clarity on!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey @SuditGunner83! I know how stick drift can be the absolute worst, especially when you just want to hop in a game and have a good time.

First, I would not suggest using any chemical cleaners, alcohol, etc. on your device at all. If you've already used a microfiber cloth to clean as good as you can, you may want to see if using compressed air to remove any debris that could be causing the stick drift.

You've already tried most of the troubleshooting I would suggest here. The only other step I would also suggest is unpairing and re-pairing your controllers.

If you're still having a lot of drift, then you'll want to reach out to @MetaQuestSupport in a private message to look into what other options are available to you.

How in tarnation do i do that?

Hi again!

If you're referring to the cleaning method I mentioned, all you have to do is use the air from a can of compressed air to blow any debris out of the joystick. 

On the other hand, if you are referring to how to send a private message to @MetaQuestSupport, all you have to do is click their name that I tagged and click on the blue "Send a Message" button on the profile.

Hope this helps!

1. There is absolutely no compressed air cans in my house.

2. I want to know how do i unpair and re-pair the controllers.

Absolutely no worries! I know compressed air isn't the most common thing to have laying around. I just wanted to make sure I gave you all the troubleshooting steps I could.

In regards to unpairing and re-pairing the controllers, I actually linked to the article in my first reply when I mentioned it! I'll go ahead and share the URL for you here too: https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/getting-started/getting-started-with-quest-2/manually-pair-...

Let me know if there's anything else you need clarity on!

kojack
MVP
MVP

Just adding a little tip. Since WD-40 was mentioned, don't use regular WD-40. It leaves an oily residue everywhere (which is the point, it's a lubricant and rust preventer). Instead WD-40 Contact Cleaner is more suited. It cleans electronics and leaves no residue behind (completely evaporates).

But really stick drift is probably damage to the potentiometer pads (which isn't surprising, it's a metal wiper rubbing against a conductive pad until it wears away in spots), the only way to fix that is replace the thumbstick module (tricky) or replace the whole controller. Software and cleaning can't fix physical wear.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Alright, problem solved. But just want to mention that, since i live in a different country, there's no sort of WD-40.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?