cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link Issue

BlazingIce776
Explorer

Currently I am trying to connect my oculus quest 2 to my laptop via air connect. Neither one is registering each other as a viable device to connect to. They are both on the same Wi-Fi. I have also restarted them both multiple times. I have air link turned on for the oculus and I have the air link app for my computer as well. My laptop is the Asus Rog Strix Scar 15 (2022) 15.6" 240Hz Ips QHD Display, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, Intel Core i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB SSD, Per-Key RGB Keyboard, Windows 11, G533Zs-DS94. I am not sure as to why neither device can see each other and they fail to connect, I am also signed into the same quest account on both if that matters.

6 REPLIES 6

BlazingIce776
Explorer

Also, the wired connection still works.

@BlazingIce776 Seems like everything should be good to go. As for Windows 11, it may not be 100% fully supported with Air Link so that could be an issue there, but I do have some things you can try out.

Since Link via cable works, did you make sure to also meet the Air Link best practices:

1. Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable
  2. Headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via 5GHz band (AC or AX)
  3. Router in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1m off the ground
  4. Non-mesh network configuration (No extenders) 

Also, I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

• When was this first noticed? 
  • Did Air Link used to work before?
  • You mentioned it as a laptop. Do you only have a RTX 3080, or is there a different integrated GPU as well?
Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

BlazingIce776
Explorer

This is the first time I am attempting to use air link, yes that is the only RTX, and also do you need ethernet

I mean, ethernet is never 100% required but it does help out. 

Were you sure to check your network settings as being 5 GHz instead of 2.4? This is an easy one to miss at times. 

Are your drivers and windows 11 up to date? 

BlazingIce776
Explorer

yes, it is 5GHz and my drivers are up to date, however I am in a college dorm so the connection might be bad due to the number of people on it, and no ethernet

@BlazingIce776 Ahhh okay, the college dorm room WIFI would be the reason as to why you wouldn't be able to use Air Link correctly. 

We would advise testing a possible mobile hotspot or other network without so much bandwidth traffic. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?