cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link Suddenly Laggy

ProfessorGrape
Level 2

I have been using air link with my quest 2 for the past few months to play VR games on steam and when I went to launch air link today I couldn't even press a button in the link menu because of how laggy it was, and the borders of the screen do not load correctly also which gives this weird stretching effect. I updated my Oculus software and all of my drivers, but nothing seems to work.

I have a 3070ti and a Ryzen 9 5900X. I also have a good wifi connection to my PC and headset. I don't have ethernet connected, but I don't see how that could be the problem because air link has worked perfectly for months. Help would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ProfessorGrape! The cavalry has arrived, and we will do everything we can to get this resolved as soon as possible. We understand how frustrating it is to play when the games are lagging.

So lets repair the Meta Quest app first, the repair option will:

• Assess the integrity of the current Oculus Home installation
  • Add missing files or upgrade missing Oculus Home files from the Oculus database

To run repair:

1. Download and run the Oculus Installation Software (meta.com/quest/setup/)
  2. You will see a screen which says "Already Installed".
  3. Click the "Repair" option, and confirm again on the next screen.

Let us know if it helps.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. We're keeping an eye on you to see if you require any additional assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can provide you with the best solution.