cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air-Link extremely bugged distortion

Feelz_
Honored Guest

Hi, I don't even know how to describe this error, but it happens sometimes, even when yesterday air-link worked fantastically.

Yesterday because of a similar error I had to reinstall Oculus PC App completely, even deleting all in AppData.

It was a matter of restarting both my PC and Quest 2 but now it does not solve the issue.

Here is the link so that you can see what it does.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yuJxIkglM2I-IF9xRmk1WmfoS7UovbZU/view

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Feelz_. We know Air Link can be extremely fun when working properly, so we'd love to lend a hand. To learn a bit more about your issue, can you please answer the following:

1. When was this first noticed? 
  2. Does your PC meet the current Link requirements? 
  3. Do you meet the Air Link best practices:
    • Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable
    • Headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via 5GHz band (AC or AX)
    • Router in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1m (3.3ft) off the ground
    • Non-mesh network configuration (extenders)
  4. Did it always have this issue, or did it start recently?
  5. If possible, does Link via cable work properly? 

Along with this, could you test out the following:

• Try to disable Air Link and re-enable from the headset settings.

As for the drive file, we're not really able to open those currently. We're looking forward to your updates!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again! Just checking to see if you were still needing some assistance with your Air Link issues. If so, feel free to hit us back up anytime!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, it seems that the distorsion that ocurred now it get's fixed by restarting my router, but now it has an "fisheye" effect on only the right eye and in the right section. Like the distortion is just on the right border.

1. This was first noticed when I fresh installed the Oculus PC App to solve another issue, some weird things with resolution and proportion, first run with the fresh App went buttery smooth, but when I played the next day this occurred.
  2. Yes, Link requirements yes, maybe it has some trouble with PCVR titles since it seems like low-end for VR but the Link requirements are met.
  3. All met, even the frequency of Wi-Fi is set on 80Hz and is the only device.
  4. Like I said, recently, but I had some similar problems.
  5. Not possible for me to test, I don't have the cable.

I tried and doesn't seem to work.
Is there any way that I can show you what the distorsion looks like?

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the support.

Awesome! We're glad this worked for you and yes, please go ahead and provide the picture for us and for others that might be having the same issue. We have a awesome community and love helping out. Plus, we can get a better look a this and see how we can help. We will be patiently waiting for your reply so we can check it out! 

OculusSilk
Honored Guest

My Oculus 2 is doing the same thing not as bad as yours. My view looks like I'm a small child looking up at the dash board, but when I tilt my head view gets distorted into a hour glass shape. Only happens when I use the Oculus link. It doesn't happen when I use my Virtual Desktop link. Too bad I bought Beat Saber from Oculus store because now I can't play it.

Hello, @OculusSilk. Thank you for informing us about the problems with your headset. We want to do everything we can to help you with this issue, but first we want to make sure you've tried the troubleshooting steps we've previously posted on this thread. If you have already done so, please let us know so that we can get more troubleshooting steps to you. 

I just tried the headset hardwire linked to my laptop and the display is OK. I have tried un installing the Oculus software from my desktop and reinstalling. The view inside the headset when linked to my desktop is still the same. The dash board is above my head and the virtual hands are that high as well. The black band starts below the dash. With my laptop the dash board is about chest level with no black visible. I will try to use the hard wire connection with the desktop next. This didn't work before the reinstall. I will repost after testing.

Hey there, @OculusSilk! No problem! Please let us know if the troubleshooting is successful. If not, we'd be happy to look into this further with you!

View in Oculus Air Link fixed with headset update. I had the auto update enabled but the update didn't happen until I selected download. 

In the trouble shooting phase I found several problems. 

1. My Oculus Link cable (1WE50680376) will only work with my MSI laptop, not my Dell G5 (7HJ9K93) it used to work when I bought it new. I had to use my Oculus charging cable to link my Dell to link the Oculus head set after the reset. I don't have the necessary test equipment to test the cable or the SS USB plugs on the Dell or the head set.

2. When moving my head set from upstairs computer to down stairs laptop it looked like I was in the basement of the Oculus start home. I was not able to access the menu start items, they were 10 feet over my head. I went upstairs in real home and virtual home looked normal. How can the Oculus sense altitude change when off??? *BUG fix needed* Correction delete all previous guardian room scale data. Redrawing was not available. I could only do this when I was upstairs in the real home. Glad I was not in an apartment or hotel. Fix might have been impossible. 

2. Why is there a voltage source selection for 50 Hz or 60 Hz? I changed from Auto to 60 Hz. This seems to be an unnecessary menu item. My guess this is scavenged code from another device. 

3. As I watch the Oculus boot up it seems the order is mixed up. Why load the home screen before the guardian or the Wifi signal. Watching the home view glitch and go blank made me think the head set was crashing. This would cause new users to look around wildly and cause other problems with the head set is calibrating sensors. A loading screen would users at ease, even showing a Matrix like would make people feel like they are entering a computer world.