cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link

assassinpou
Honored Guest

Hello can anyone help me im with a qwest 1 and i want to put it on  Air Link i dont know if its possible,im trying to do it but in my beta settings there is no air link can anyone answer me pls thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

It might be a wise idea then to not have a big Airlink checkbox at the top of the Quest 1's Link interface panel if the Quest 1 isn't supposed to use Airlink. 🙂

Or at least put a warning on it.

com.oculus.shellenv-20221028-023843[1].jpg

Then we go to the Oculus Desktop software. When you select to add a new headset and select a Quest 1, it gives this screen asking if you want to use Airlink.

Again, if Quest 1 owners aren't supposed to do it, either don't offer it or at least give a warning (in the software) that it's not supported.

OculusClient_T7bZUWVQXs.png

Anyway, for the OP:

I went into the oculus debug tool, located at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugTool.exe

I turned the Link Encode Resolution Width down from 2880 to 1440 and the Encode Bitrate down from 200 to 10. After that, Quest 1 was doing Airlink fine. I just went in to Bonelab with it and shot a few null bodies. It actually looked and played acceptably. I could probably up some of those values, I just tried low ones to see if it was even possible. 🙂

My modded Bonelab map (extracted from System Shock 2) has no lights, just a flashlight and a gun light. With the Quest 1's better black levels it was creepier than my Quest 2. 🙂

For enabling it, Airlink isn't in the Beta settings anymore, it's no longer needed. You can turn Airlink on or off in the Quest itself.

Although of course it seems support of it is more accidental than intended, so be aware it may be glitchy.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @assassinpou, good question! Currently, Air Link is not supported for the Quest 1. If you're looking to connect your headset to your PC though, you might want to look into getting a Link cable! You won't be able to connect wirelessly to your PC, but that would be a great way to still get into PCVR with your Quest 1!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kojack
MVP
MVP

The Quest 1 can do Airlink (I just had it running), but it's pretty much unusable. Even turning settings down, its wifi just can't handle it (even clicking on a button in the dash took effort due to delayed and slow movement). Link works well though.

(my router can handle Quest 2 Airlink great)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your response @kojack. We understand the device may be able to pick-up Airlink, but the reason you're experiencing these issues is because Airlink isn't compatible with it. Airlink was built for the Meta Quest 2.

We do appreciate you contacting us with this feedback! We find it amazing!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kojack
MVP
MVP

It might be a wise idea then to not have a big Airlink checkbox at the top of the Quest 1's Link interface panel if the Quest 1 isn't supposed to use Airlink. 🙂

Or at least put a warning on it.

com.oculus.shellenv-20221028-023843[1].jpg

Then we go to the Oculus Desktop software. When you select to add a new headset and select a Quest 1, it gives this screen asking if you want to use Airlink.

Again, if Quest 1 owners aren't supposed to do it, either don't offer it or at least give a warning (in the software) that it's not supported.

OculusClient_T7bZUWVQXs.png

Anyway, for the OP:

I went into the oculus debug tool, located at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugTool.exe

I turned the Link Encode Resolution Width down from 2880 to 1440 and the Encode Bitrate down from 200 to 10. After that, Quest 1 was doing Airlink fine. I just went in to Bonelab with it and shot a few null bodies. It actually looked and played acceptably. I could probably up some of those values, I just tried low ones to see if it was even possible. 🙂

My modded Bonelab map (extracted from System Shock 2) has no lights, just a flashlight and a gun light. With the Quest 1's better black levels it was creepier than my Quest 2. 🙂

For enabling it, Airlink isn't in the Beta settings anymore, it's no longer needed. You can turn Airlink on or off in the Quest itself.

Although of course it seems support of it is more accidental than intended, so be aware it may be glitchy.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?