cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air link is crashing

IndianaScones
Explorer

I've been using my Quest 2 with air link for a while and it's always worked just fine until recently. I upgraded my PSU and GPU (from 1080 to 3080), also updated my Nvidia drivers from like 450-something to the current 516.59.

Now, when I connect to the PC via Air link, it either flat out doesn't get past the black screen with white dots or it works, but then within ten minutes of navigating the PC or playing Beat Saber, SteamVR crashes and the view in the headset freezes with strange artifacting at the sides of where my vision was when it froze. Sometimes it even crashes Windows and causes a reboot or freezes Windows and I have to reboot it. I can still usually press the Oculus menu button to quit Air link and go back to the Oculus home.

I've tried resetting the Air link connection and also factory resetting the Quest 2 but nothing has worked. Has anyone run into this kind of issue?

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @IndianaScones,

We're glad you found us in Your Community! Let's see what we can do about getting you out of that snake pit and and back on a clear path to virtual adventure with the only artifacts you finding in front of your eyes being priceless treasure!

First, we recommend the following next-level troubleshooting steps below:

1. Think on what else changed in your play space, on your phone, on your computer, and on the headset since the time your Quest 2 last connected without issue and jot it down.
  2. Make sure your PC is connected via ethernet cable and the headset is connected wirelessly to the same 5GHZ, non-mesh network.
  3. Try adjusting your bitrate using NVIDIA GeoForce Experience.
  4. "Adjust [your]graphics performance preferences" here.
  5. Repair the PC app on [your] computer by following the instructions here, but make sure to download the Quest 2 PC App instead of the one for Rift S.

If you're still stuck in a Kali-Ma-hold instead of celebrating with a cup of tea after attempting all of the above steps, reach out here with your list of things that changed in your VR environment, and we'll make sure this isn't your last crusade.

Thanks. We're looking forward to your update!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you, I should have updated when I eventually found the answer. It was a graphics driver issue. I used DDU to remove my Nvidia driver then reinstalled the current one, which fixed the issue.

Hey again! We're really glad all is well now and you can continue to enjoy your game time once again! We appreciate the update.

Game on!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?