cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air link just shows me a gray screen and 3 dots.. SEND HELP PLEASE

jules.166472
Honored Guest

I want to connect my VR oculus quest 2 with my PC with air link the App is saying we are connected but I can only see gray and three dots I tried everything and its still not working. SEND HELP! My PCL is off and network is on privat.. 

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @jules.166472. Not to worry, help has arrived! Air Link is a wonderful option that really gives an extra level of immersion. Boosted graphics and wireless VR can really provide an experience like no other. We would love to review this issue however we can to help you out. Please review these 3 important steps that commonly help resolve these kinds of issues:

1. Please double-check that your PC meets all the requirements to use Meta Quest Link here: Requirements to use Meta Quest Link
  2. The most common issue we see related to a "Gray screen with 3 dots" is usually a GPU driver issue. So please review if your GPU drivers are fully updated, and ensure your Windows PC is updated, including optional updates.
  3. We would usually ask about some things regarding USB ports, but since you are using Air Link, we would like to instead ask, are you using an Ethernet cable from your PC to your router? Air Link does work wirelessly from the headset, but using Wi-Fi on your PC gives data another place to get lost on its journey between your devices. A wired Ethernet cable can help strengthen the connection and significantly reduce packet loss.

Let us know at your earliest convenience if you still need assistance after ensuring everything is updated. We have a few more suggestions that may help, and we would love to assist in any way we can!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

My PC does check all the requirements is fully updated and is connected with a ethernal cabel and is still not working…

@jules.166472 Thanks for confirming everything! Are you using a laptop by any chance? If so, you might need to force the PC app to use the correct graphics card, since laptops usually have an integrated and dedicated graphics card. We need to set it to the dedicated one:

1. Close the Oculus Desktop software
  2. Open Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings
  3. Select Classic App from the drop down and click Browse
  4. Select OculusClient.exe
    (By default, this will be installed at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe)
  5. Click Options > High Performance > Save
    Ensure the "High Performance" option has your dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA or AMD) at the top of this menu.

We'll be waiting for your feedback!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

No i am not using a laptop 

Thanks for informing us, @jules.166472! In that case, let's try to repair the PC app:

1. Go to https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/ and click Download software.

2. Select Repair.

• If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.

• If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.

• If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.

• Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.

3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.

4. Launch the Meta Quest PC app.

After that, try Air Link again! If it still isn't working, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We hope to hear from you soon!

I already tried that to did not work better also restarted the VR meta quest still three dots.. 

In that case, whenever you can, select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Then, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?