cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air link randomly stopped working

Mudd47
Honored Guest

As said, air link randomly stopped working. It started by having the button unavailable one day. I restarted my quest and pc, same thing. I unpaired and tried pairing again, when I hit pair I don't get a code. It detects it fine, paired to my phone fine, but refuses to work with air link to give a code. I tried turning off my firewall, factory reset, deleting the pc oculus app, and several other things, but nothing works. 

Edit: For anyone unable to get a pairing code like this or to connect (not detect, still detects pc) this solves it. Its hard to find this solution online

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mudd47. We can definitely understand how concerning it would be for air link to suddenly stop working properly, and we'd be glad to help out however we can! Below we're listing steps for a full reinstallation of the desktop app, this gets the cached files as well so it's a 100% clean reinstallation. Give it a shot and let us know how it turns out! 

• Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  • Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  • Backup any necessary content.
  • You can find steps on how to do so by clicking here.
  • Reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.

• Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
  • C:\Program Files

• Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
  • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache

• Restart your computer in normal mode.
  • Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  • Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  • Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! As a half solution I decided to simply delete all files with the name "Oculus" in them, as a half attempt before this since it would be easier, and it worked flawlessly. I appreciate the help so much

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mudd47. We can definitely understand how concerning it would be for air link to suddenly stop working properly, and we'd be glad to help out however we can! Below we're listing steps for a full reinstallation of the desktop app, this gets the cached files as well so it's a 100% clean reinstallation. Give it a shot and let us know how it turns out! 

• Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  • Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  • Backup any necessary content.
  • You can find steps on how to do so by clicking here.
  • Reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.

• Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
  • C:\Program Files

• Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
  • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache

• Restart your computer in normal mode.
  • Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  • Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  • Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you so much! As a half solution I decided to simply delete all files with the name "Oculus" in them, as a half attempt before this since it would be easier, and it worked flawlessly. I appreciate the help so much

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're very welcome! We're happy to hear that your issue has been resolved, and thank you for sharing what you did as it may be beneficial to other users who are experiencing the same issue. Feel free to reach back out to us if you happen to have any further questions or concerns as we are always happy to help!

This is the only thing that works! Thanks!!

Happy to help out! Don't hesitate in reaching out in the future if you ever need any other assistance! 

Would you have any idea why this problem keeps recurring every so often? This is the only fix that has worked, but I’ve had to repeat the process twice after a certain amount of time. I went about 2 weeks with no connectivity issues until today and then had to preform the entire reinstallation again. 

Hey there @Prashant.khatana.2023, There are many things that can cause these kinds of issues, and we would love to look into this for you further! Could you send us a PM, or reach out to our Support Channel with your request?  We would love to collect some specific information regarding your PC so we can see if we are able to locate a common cause.

In the meantime, Important things to keep a eye out for are:

• Updates to PC / Windows
  • 3rd party programs that can mess with VR in general (Recording software, Multiple monitors, 3rd party VR software such as SteamVR)
  • Game improvement software (Such as Windows Gaming mode)
    • your GPU may also have a similar settings
  • Or even something as simple as an out of date GPU

We would love to hear from you regarding this and assist however we can! We hope to hear from you soon.

Hey there @ashlynnicole97.2023! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having Airlink not working. Did you still need assistance with this matter? Hope to hear back from you soon! Have a great day!

This series of instructions has no effect. I tried it twice. I still can't get a greyed out launch button.

I also tried disabling firewalls. I added firewall exceptions for each of the running programs and services. I also restarted the headset several times and updated the graphics drivers on my PC.

It was working prior to an Oculus update which broke this functionality, so this is very frustrating.

Thanks

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?