cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airlink stopped working

demergy
Honored Guest

Yesterday i connected my quest 2 as usual via airlink, for unknown reason it was really slow like 1 FPS. I restarted oculus software on windows through beta settings, restarted my pc, quest 2 and router. Now whenever i try to start airlink it just shows the black loading screen for a moment and kicks me out back to home menu. On windows pc i can see a notification popping up saying "We can't find your headset, please connect your headset". I tried to delete headset, pair it again with windows, disable quest link in the quest settings, even reinstall the oculus software. But nothing helps, i just end up with this error notification and can't get it working again. Any advice on what to try next is appreciated. And just as side note - virtual desktop continues to work completely fine, but for some games i prefer airlink. Please help, thanks in advance. 🙂

My assumption is that oculus software on windows has some cached corrupted headset info somewhere like in registry, but not sure where to look and what else should i try to delete.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @demergy! We completely understand how it feels to have issues with AirLink. We first recommend trying to do a repair of the Meta Quest PC app. In order to do this you can follow the steps listed below:

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup scroll down to Oculus Rift S and click Download software.
  2. Select Repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus PC app.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.

If you're still having issues after trying that please reach out to our wonderful email, chat, and callback support team. Through these channels we have access to more tools that will allow us to provide more robust support for your issue. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey, thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately it did not help, so i will contact the support via chat.

Hey there @demergy! Sounds great. Here is a link to our support team if you still need it. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!