cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airlink unplayable with dedicated router

mefeed
Honored Guest

hi,

got a dedicated router TUF-ax5400, and Wi-Fi 6 on my motherboard, i have set both to wifi6, nothing else is on the network. checked all setting, and forced the router to be wifi-6

air link is unusable, very slow refresh, and have to shut the Quest2 because it is so bad. please help

6 REPLIES 6

mefeed
Honored Guest

pc spec: i712700K, RTX 3060ti, 32G DDR4, windows 11

motherboard tuf gaming z690-plus wifi d4

TinyMito
Expert Protege

Your desktop needs to be on Ethernet. Can't go PC <-> Wifi LAN <-> Router <-> Wifi <-> Quest 2.

Specification for troubleshooting
PC: Win 11, 10600K + 3080FE, 4K 144Hz (On 1Gbps Ethernet)
VR: Oculus CV1 (retired), Quest 2 (AirLink for PCVR)
Accessories: Unifi Dream Machine 5Ghz 4x4 MIMO, Oculus Link Cable, Quest 2 Elite Strap
App (Experimental ON): Oculus App (v40), Quest 2 (v39)

For a even better result connect the PC directly to the Quest like this: Router<->Cable<->PC<->Wifi6<->Quest2

Or as said above try using a cable. I recommend you test by rule of elimination with hardware, connection, and settings, internet is not needed for Link to work btw.

hi,

i did as you suggested, but no joy.

i went back to windows 10 as a fresh install, this made all the difference, i hope that oculus will support windows 11 soon.

thanks for the advice

Oh should have said so heh. Yeah it's incredible that their software does not work properly with the latest Windows version, it is getting old,. You can make work with Windows 11, with a odd workaround though.

Anyway I saw on the PTC v40 thread, that it finally worked with Windows 11. Let's hope for next release,. that would be amazing and about time. 😃

EDIT: You did say on the second thread, Sorry I'm a idiot. 🙂

i proved that it was Windows 11 that was causing the issues, by installing windows 10, then i found a fix on YouTube.

in the oculus debug tool switch on the "console window visibility", and this fixed it