cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already own app..but I dont

wrnhfx.2023
Honored Guest

I downloaded pistol whip demo and now want to purchase using a referral to get a discount but all I keep getting is I already own it.  I have deleted the demo from my quest.  Any ideas on how get the game with discount/ make my quest forget I had the demo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @wrnhfx.2023! We see that you are having trouble using your referral code to purchase a game after playing its demo version. We know how much of an inconvenience this can be, and we're happy to help you with it!

Have you tried uninstalling the game and then using the referral code? Sometimes the headset devices read game demos as purchased content and will need to be uninstalled for the referral to work properly. 

If you have tried uninstalling the game and are still unable to use the referral, please send us a private message. You can send us a message by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @wrnhfx.2023! We see that you are having trouble using your referral code to purchase a game after playing its demo version. We know how much of an inconvenience this can be, and we're happy to help you with it!

Have you tried uninstalling the game and then using the referral code? Sometimes the headset devices read game demos as purchased content and will need to be uninstalled for the referral to work properly. 

If you have tried uninstalling the game and are still unable to use the referral, please send us a private message. You can send us a message by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I have sent a private message just now 

I am having the same problem, with Puzzling Places so I uninstalled the free trial etc but still saying I have already got the app so can't have the discount. Private messaged you with my problem, hoping for help, only to be told that you can't do anything about it as the system regards a free trial as a purchase. Not very helpful, particularly as your response to wrnhfx.2023, above, makes out that you can fix this problem. Maybe a different policy applies to customers in the UK?

Did Meta fix this for you? They're flat refusing to help me, saying nothing can be done as a trial is a purchase. Thanks.

Hey @Triggsmum! Our sincerest apologies for any misunderstandings. The support team should have sent you another message and we'd appreciate it if you could take a look at it. We want to get this issue resolved for you as quickly as possible!