cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AltspaceVR crashes constantly on PC

GordieT
Explorer

I purchased a good mic so I could use it on Altspace for karaoke and open mic sessions but,whenever I use Airlink or usb cable, Altspace crashes, first sign is my hands blinking on and off, then there are no worlds or friends in the main menu.  It will then completely crash and I have to kill off the app on the pc.

My pc is an Intel i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 96 (6 cores) 16 GB RAM with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.  I am using Windows 10.   I have an Oculus Quest 2.

All other apps seem to work fine but Altspace just doesn’t work using the PC but works perfectly on headset.  

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this to happen?

Thanks

Gordon

1 REPLY 1

YellaDella
Honored Guest

I have a Intel Pentium CPU G2130 @3.20GHz  4GB Ram with a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, I bought refurbished a few years ago and I runs AltspaceVR great, the only problem I have is that I freeze up or began to have issues with my avatar when a world is too heave but mostly it just acts up badly around too many MRE's more than two or three, so I dont know if this helps. Also if you haven't did already try installing AltspaceVR from the Microsoft Store. Hope that help with something.