cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Among Us VR won't install

judernaut11
Honored Guest

Hi Guys, pre ordered amoung us vr and 2 days after release it has still not installed?

I just have the round icon spinning when I go into amount us store page.

Plenty of space and I've even done a factory install.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! 

I've been seeing this a bit and I thought I'd give some insight. 

It seems the error happens when Quest 1 users try to download Among US as it's only for the Rift/S and Quest 2/Pro.

If you have a Quest 1 with this issue, I highly suggest trying to refund the game with the following steps:

1. Open the Meta Quest Mobile app on your phone.
  2. Tap Menu in bottom right corner.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Purchase History.
  5. Select the content you'd like to request a refund for.
  6. Tap Request Refund.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to request your refund.

OR (For those of you who can do PCVR) - You can buy the game for the Rift/S and use it on the Quest through Link via cable/Air Link. 

Hope this gives some answers!

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh-oh! This is not the experience we want you to have! Please let us know if this is still an issue! We will be waiting for your reply!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya! We are just reaching back out and seeing if you still have this problem. We'll be here whenever you have the time to reach back out to get this resolved.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Mr.Penguin8790
Honored Guest

I’ve been having the same problem

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! 

I've been seeing this a bit and I thought I'd give some insight. 

It seems the error happens when Quest 1 users try to download Among US as it's only for the Rift/S and Quest 2/Pro.

If you have a Quest 1 with this issue, I highly suggest trying to refund the game with the following steps:

1. Open the Meta Quest Mobile app on your phone.
  2. Tap Menu in bottom right corner.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Purchase History.
  5. Select the content you'd like to request a refund for.
  6. Tap Request Refund.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to request your refund.

OR (For those of you who can do PCVR) - You can buy the game for the Rift/S and use it on the Quest through Link via cable/Air Link. 

Hope this gives some answers!

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

judernaut11
Honored Guest

Yes I went the refund route, which is a real shame.

Among us will only work with Quest 2??common!?!?

I can’t download among us on my original oculus quest either 😭 will this game become available for regular Meta Quest? Or am I doomed to never play?

Hey there @pixel8edart, we see you are wanting to play Among Us on your Quest 1. Currently the game is only available for the Meta Quest 2 and the Meta Quest Pro. You can read the supported device section HERE.

You can stay up-to-date with our blog if any changes occur in the future. if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Hope this information was helpful!

eden.angeles
Honored Guest

I have the same problem