cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying unsolicited message and friend request spam

eliot
Honored Guest

Every time I log into my Quest I have dozens of unsolicited messages and friend requests from strangers. They all seem like spammers/scammers. It's quite annoying to clear them all as I have to click on the little x button one by one. How do I disable these annoying requests and messages from strangers?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

If your profile, is public; there's no real way to block incoming friend requests. However, feel free to review the settings below to help block and manage the followers/requests you have:

Wishing the best! Feel free to leave more feedback on our idea forum for further consideration!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again, @eliot! To minimize the unsolicited and SPAM friend requests, turn off everyone in the friend requests menu. Wishing the best!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I just got a meta quest 3 and I can't find any settings for "everyone" or a "friends request menu" either in VR or in the meta quest app. Could you be more specific about where to find this menu?

Hello there @eliot! Thanks for reaching out about this, we are always here to help. If your profile, is public; there's no real way to block incoming friend requests. However, feel free to review the settings to help block and manage the followers/requests you have. 

Feel free to leave more feedback on our idea forum for further consideration!

You can navigate the different options using the menu on the left and choosing the other settings option. Or by clicking here and logging in. We hope this helps!

Hey there @eliot! We just wanted to check back in with you to see if you need any further assistance with anything. Please do not hesitate to reach back out to us, we are always here to help.

I can't find that setting and the link you posted doesn't work. My profile already is private. I am getting tons of spam friend requests and messages from users I don't know. I don't want to ever receive a message from a user that is not my friend. Ideally I don't want anyone to send me a friend request to my meta profile, at least not unless they are already my friend on Facebook or Instagram.

Hey @eliot! After further review you are not able to turn off friend requests. Its a built in feature to the platform. Although this doesn't change the situation, at least you are informed that it can't be changed. We would recommend making a post about it in our Ideas Forum.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?