cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of solving the dreaded error 4107 ??

stephencrowleyh
Honored Guest
On gear vr, the prime vr app works okay for a short period then opening movies is prevented by continuous 'page cannot be loaded....connection error....error 4107' type messages.
Sometimes just hitting retry a few times is enough. But mostly, after numerous retries, and the 4107 box repeating itself, i just quit and reinstall prime vr.
This is a temporary solution as the error box soon returns.
What is being done about solving the issue?
All other video vr apps i have including Netflix do not bring this problem.
20 REPLIES 20

randleog
Explorer

I don't know how much you know and I don't know what your device or how it differs from a Quest 2. The error message will be the same when the Amazon player won't load in an android environment and on the Quest, the relevant folders are hidden. You need to either delete the 'Amazon' files from within the device, which you can do on the Quest from within settings or connect it to an external PC or other device where you can show hidden files. You do this from here:

Hidden file settingsHidden file settings

You can then access these files to delete the Amazon content:

hidden files.png

The Amazon files that are causing the problem will show up here. But don't blame me please if it doesn't work! I deleted them from withing the headset settings.

You nail it! Just connected my Oculus Go to my Ubuntu PC, so no need to unlock hidden files like boring windoze, deleted the two folders in com.amazon.asxr folder and Prime Vr started working OK. This after spending time with useless Amazon & Oculus support that said that device was not supported...Thank you!

...it does work but just once. At the next restart, it won't work. You have to delete them every time. And no, using ES File Manager from the Oculus does not work, only delete the files from PC...Anyone?

i've solved this error with below operation.

1. run prime video vr in oculus
2. delete quest2/internal shared storage/Android/data/com.amazon.asxr directory from pc
3. terminate prime video vr in oculus
4. and run prime video vr in oculus
5. you can get re-setup account
6. after re-setup account, I get no 4107 error

when I uninstall prime video vr in oculus,com.amazon.asxr directory will be disapear. and then install prime video vr, account information is recoverd and get error again and forever.
with delete directory when running app, I've could gotten re-setup flow

i think this error's reason is change of account information.
with change, prime video vr app can not get data from amazon maybe.
recent day, i've changed amazon's accout password .

It’s not simply solved, by “deleting the data” if one doesn’t know how to delete the data. Perhaps a little more in depth? As in a little information on how to delete the data? Thanks in advance.

A little information would be nice on how to do that? We’re not all quest geniuses. Thanks in advance

Gilouuu
Honored Guest

Bonjour

Même erreur 4107 j’ai réussi à corriger le problème en enlevant les notifications du téléphone! oui je sais pas vraiment de rapport mais depuis plus d’erreur et lecture sans souci. Merci de tester et de confirmer.

skyisorange
Honored Guest

Hi. I had the exact same problem. What seems to have fixed it for me (we'll see if it's permanent) was to go to settings/apps and under permissions allow/enable storage for the Prime app. (not inside the app, in the settings for the Quest).

Just like LikeAZanda wrote earlier. 

Rijksweg
Honored Guest

The solution is quite simple. Go to settings in your Oculus menu. Go to "Apps" en choose Prime Video. Turn on acces to your memory. Problem solved.