cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone able to connect flash drive to Oculus and play videos in VR mode?

okanaltunbas
Explorer

Hi guys!

I bought a very small 512gb flash memory in NTFS format. I plugged it into my head with Type-C converter.

Then I can see the files thanks to the application named "JS USB OTG". But when I say open videos, File Explorers that I have installed as opening options appear. I need an app that will open me in VR mode. Anyone tried this before?

512gb512gb512gb + type c converter512gb + type c converter
5 REPLIES 5

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

I briefly tried it with a flash drive. An OTG checker said the Quest 2 was capable so I just plugged the flash drive in. The headset seemed to recognize a something was plugged in and I could see the files on the drive with ES File Explorer. But as you say I was unable to open VR files in a VR player (Skybox, Pigasus, DeoVR, Play'a, Moon VR).

I gave up after a few tries and deleted the apps and APKs from the headset.

If anyone knows a solution I would be interested as well.

i am searching still! ahhh bro

foxlogan81
Explorer

late reply but it shows on google so ill reply anyway, 4xvr lets you play straight from flash drive, there is a free trial but its 30euro after that, but well worth it

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

Moon VR Player (free) added an experimental USB function. It only supports NTFS and FAT32 for now.  I tested it and found it works with USB sticks and USB hard drives (spinners).

Thanks for letting me know, im trying to find all the ways to use OTG, even though i got the 512gb quest version is still good to know these things as i only have 20gb left lol,