cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Sharing/ Oculus 2 to Oculus Windows App

letsgetidon
Honored Guest

If I purchase an app via my Oculus 2 and am using the Air Link feature to my PC I cannot download/play the same app via my PC but can repurchase it and then use it. Is this a bug, or done intentionally to prohibit using a PC as a makeshift mobile storage center? I have provided feedback on this issue and works vice versa.

If I purchase an app on my PC and download it to my PC via air link in the Oculus software, I cannot redownload it to my Oculus 2 device standalone via the same account... So, either it's a bug or it's being done intentionally. I can see why they would do this, but also feel like if you are logged into your account either way, you should be able to play the same game you purchased with the account regardless of the coding in the game you are downloading per device.  

If anyone can provide some clarity or let me know if it is something i can resolve on my end let me know! I can also provide some video if need to reproduce the situation but just don't feel like doing it ATM. 

1 REPLY 1

Some games/apps are cross buy and you can download on both devices while others can only be downloaded to one or the other. If you have games on your PC you can access them through air link or physical link in your Quest but not vice versa. PC games are usually higher res so you may prefer that but you will always need to be near your computer..