cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Sharing not working for Q3 after deleting Q2

PillarOfAwesum
Honored Guest

I had a Quest 2 with app sharing enabled (my wife plays a few titles), so of course the Quest 3 prompted me to disable app sharing on the device, and pointed me to the device management portion of the website. Since one of my Q2 controllers randomly died and I hadn't used it in years, I figured I would just delete the device, which would disable device sharing for it. 

Well, it didn't. In fact it locked out the ability to turn off app sharing, and now my only listed device (the Q3) cannot have app sharing enabled. I get repeated messages about changing the settings for a device which is no longer listed. The toggle in the menu on the headset doesn't work either. 

On top of all that, this brand-new headset has a dead pixel in the middle, JUST like my Q2. I swore off Meta VR after my controller died, decided to give it another shot, and boy am I starting to regret it. 

3 REPLIES 3

PillarOfAwesum
Honored Guest

1000041160.jpg

The entirety of my devices page. Note the lack of Q2, and the message saying my only device, the Q3, cannot have app sharing enabled. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @PillarOfAwesum! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We strive to make sure that we provide the best customer-facing support for Meta Quest users. We would like to invite you to send us a private message so that we can further assist you and gather some basic account information so we can see what options we have available for you. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @PillarOfAwesum. We just wanted to swing by to continue working with you and your family to make sure you're all set to build new adventures within VR through shared apps. So that we're able to take a look into the account, do send us a PM! We'd love to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?