cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App is on sale when I'm logged out, but isn't when I log in

DeathEND
Explorer

All app on sale price change when log in became normal price (no discount) .when log out price change became on sale again.

Only Bundle sale app price on sale when login

Problem happen this week

All Web Browser PC Android ,Oculus android App ,Oculus Quest 2 when log in account have same problem.

Today Dogfight Elite price free

check upper right show account not log in

not log in.jpg

but when account log in.

Price app bacame normal price

14 REPLIES 14

Hey again. If you still need help with this please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DeathEND
Explorer

Old-School Puzzle Adventures on Oculus Quest 2  Oculus  Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Travel the World on Oculus Quest 2  Oculus  Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Duo Pack Don't have price

Limited-Time Deals  Oculus  Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Limites-Time Deals no Game 

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

I noticed this has been going on for a while so I looked into it and wanted to chime in. I'll answer what I can to my best understanding.

Firstly, discounts/sales are a dynamic thing with Meta. They will vary month by month, user by user, and even region by region. The reason the prices fluctuate after log in is because the store now actually knows your location and is showing discounts specific to you or your region.

Second, if you already own a game in the bundle you want to buy, the store automatically adjusts your price based on your ownership of one of the games. Most of the time, to be eligible for full discounts, you would need to purchase the bundle without owning any of the games in there but again, the store already adjusts the price for you.

Lastly, I noticed you created more accounts. Remember that you cannot gift someone a bundle so this is in no way a workaround. Even if it did work, you would be sending someone a game they already own in this case. Not to mention creating multiple accounts is against the Terms of Service.

I hope this helped clear things up for everyone. I understand it can be a bit confusing and I'm more than happy to help clarify anything to the best of my ability.

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

celebrain
Honored Guest

1000036041.png

 So random people get discounts while other people don't. Why aren't people more outraged by this? 30+ years of experience with capitalism and I've never seen anything like this! Imagine walking into a store and the customer in front of you gets a random 30% discount while you have to pay full price - completely unacceptable! Is Meta unaware that the internet exists and people talk to each other? Even if I want to buy Red Matter/ Fruit ninja/ Vermilion today, I'm obviously not gonna do it because I know my friend paid 30% less! How gullible do you think we are? I wish I had gone with PS VR and I'll tell everyone to stay far away from Meta!

Pash2x4b523p
Honored Guest

Pash2x4b523p_0-1704584549615.png

As soon as I log in, no discount, its absolutely ridiculous!  Random discount thing to certain customers i can understand but WHY SHOW THAT WHEN SOMEONE ISNT LOGGED IN!  I was only looking to spend my £5.70 store credit that they reminded me about YESTERDAY so thought I would find something and although I have already played this via PC I wanted to give it a go on the headset only but this is pure bait and switch.  Surely it cant be legal?  Since its showing in £'s you cant use the "region" excuse either as the UK is the only place that uses GBP!