cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App referrals do not work for cross-buy games

RyanK8752
Honored Guest

When you claim an app that is cross-buy compatible, the app will disappear from the referrals section, making it impossible to get the referral link.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for informing us of your problem. To ensure that this isn't a more serious problem, could you please provide us with more information about what you're experiencing when attempting to obtain the referral?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @RyanK8752. We wanted to make sure that your issues had been addressed. If you are still having problems, please contact us.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I had the same exact issue happen.  I purchased "Green Hell VR" for my Meta Quest 2.  On my Meta Quest app for Android, it showed that I could send a referral link for Green Hell VR the day of purchase.  I recently got air link to work, so I downloaded Green Hell VR to my PC.  Now the referral app section in my Meta Quest app on my android phone no longer shows Green Hell VR as an app that can be referred.  I noticed it is like this for each game that I downloaded on the Oculus air link app for PC.  Why is this happening? 

Greetings, Jedi-Jutsu! We saw that you had some concerns about the Quest 2 cross-buy option, but have no fear—we've got your back and can assist clarify things up.

Here is a link explaining how it functions along with a ton of material taken from the forums that have been figured out to assist and provide answers.

Jedi-jutsu
Explorer

That is not even remotely close to the answer I and the community is looking for.  This is a widespread problem/bug.  When a cross buy game is claimed on the pc oculus store it takes away the ability to send referral links for that particular game within the Meta Quest App on my phone.  Why has this not been fixed.

Good day, Jedi-jutsu! Thank you for getting in touch with us again. We recognize that this can be a confusing situation, and we want to provide you with the information you require. Here are links to our Ideas page and a support ticket opening form, so you can feel free to report any bugs or issues we should look into.

Hey @Jedi-jutsu, thanks for sharing this with us. I'm gonna send this up the chain and see if we can get it looked into. 

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS