cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App sharing not working

Psuhammer
Honored Guest

Just got a new Quest 2 for my son.  I setup an account for me as the admin then created one for him as a family member.  Both accounts were added to the device ok.  I then installed the bundled games (Beat Saber, RE4) under my admin account then enabled app sharing under my account.

I see my son's account under family management.  He has no age restrictions set.  But, the two bundled games do not show when I log in under his profile.

When I go into the store under his account, they both want to charge him full price.  I confirmed these games support app sharing.  Any ideas?  Am I doing this wrong?

This UI has a lot to be desired.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Psuhammer, thank you for brining your issue to our support forums. We hope that we get your issue solved out soon. 

Lets try some of theses steps to resolve the problem: 

You need a secondary mobile device (tablet or phone)

1. Factory reset headset. This can be a second or first headset. Doesn’t matter. If it’s a second headset make sure the headset is connected to the ADMIN mobile oculus app so that you have 2 devices listed.

2. Reset experimental features and restart.

3. Set up the device for app sharing as usual.
4. power down device
5. set up one of your mobile devices to have the secondary account on it (oculus mobile store app) - not paired with the device.
6. go to browse all apps in the mobile App Store (not on headset). Change price to free in the drop down at the top
7. ‘purchase’ aka hit get a bunch (some people have reported it does not work with less than 5 free apps) you know for a fact have been purchased on your main. It will queue them up for installation but not start the downloads.
8. Start up headset and log into secondary accounts and VOILA all the shared apps should show!

If the problem still doesn't clear out please reach out to us via PM. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So, first, I don't have a second headset.  I am sharing profiles on the same headset.  

Second...what are "experimental features?"

Third, why would I have to factory reset?  I literally opened this thing this afternoon and set it up.  

We understand that you might have some confusion with the steps we offered in our last post. Let us clear that up for you; we want to see if signing into your secondary account on a separate mobile device, iPad, or computer  helps the headset see two accounts. Also, what we mean by experimental features is the app sharing feature that you are trying to get to work properly. Lastly, the factory reset would be the troubleshooting step to get a new set up on the device. Which might help the app sharing feature start up as new, because the software would be set as its original preset. If you find that you are still having trouble with the app sharing feature, please contact our support team so that they can go over extensive steps to help resolve the issue. You can find out support page, here

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!