cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App-sharing not working

Cheesy1976
Honored Guest

Hi,

I added an account on my new Quest 2 for my wife and activated app-sharing. Now all apps show up in her account but can't be started. They all say "not installed" and when I click on them, they get priorized and nothing else happens.

I already deleted the user and turned app-sharin off and on. Nothing helped.

Thanks

Peter

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cheesy1976! We can definitely understand your concerns regarding your app sharing not working properly, and we'd love to help out! Try factory resetting your headset to see if that helps, we'll list the steps for this below for your convenience: 

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

Let us know how it turns out, we'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi,

I made a factory reset and installed an app. But I still have the same issue. I can't start the app with the second user.

Any other idea?

Peter

Thanks very much for getting back to us with that update, @Cheesy1976! We can try disabling it from our end and having you enable it again to see if that helps, please send us a PM so we can give this a try! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I sent you a message.

Did they help you? I have been having the same issue with my wife’s account and it’s been a real headache!!

Yes they did. The problem was, that my wifes meta account was connected with her facebook account. We had to create a new meta account without any link to facebook and now it works.