cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Rift and Quest games the same?

LukeTwinkletoe
Honored Guest

So I used to have the Oculus rift and bought a couple of oculus games on the oculus app. Now that I have bought myself a quest 2, I figured i wanted to play the previous games that I had bought. But now when I logged into the new Meta app I can't find any of the games I used to own. I logged into the same account I used to use. However, I can find the games on my computer in the Oculus app, but shouldn't they also be on the Quest as it is the same account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey! So what @Choleni said here is right! I just want to provide some more info and clarification in case you need it. 😊

PCVR games are meant to be played using either a Rift headset, or Link or Air Link with your PC. You won't be able to use them on your Quest standalone. You can tell what games these are in the store because they will say "Supports Rift" and "Supports Rift S". (These are probably the games you are talking about not being able to see in your Quest headset.)

On the other hand, Quest games are to be used standalone. Those you can only play on your Quest headset without connecting to your PC. Those will say "Supports Quest" and "Supports Quest 2".

That being said, some games are "Cross Buy". That means that if you buy it once, you can play it both on PCVR and on your Quest standalone. These will show both "Supports Rift" and "Supports Quest" in the store. You can find these games here.

Hopefully that helps clear some things up. Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns, and I'm happy to help! 😁

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Choleni
MVP
MVP

PC - games are in PC app library, Quest - games in Quest library.

You won't find any game that is only playable with PC in Quest library.

If you want to play your previous bought PC games with Quest you have to link the Quest to PC.

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey! So what @Choleni said here is right! I just want to provide some more info and clarification in case you need it. 😊

PCVR games are meant to be played using either a Rift headset, or Link or Air Link with your PC. You won't be able to use them on your Quest standalone. You can tell what games these are in the store because they will say "Supports Rift" and "Supports Rift S". (These are probably the games you are talking about not being able to see in your Quest headset.)

On the other hand, Quest games are to be used standalone. Those you can only play on your Quest headset without connecting to your PC. Those will say "Supports Quest" and "Supports Quest 2".

That being said, some games are "Cross Buy". That means that if you buy it once, you can play it both on PCVR and on your Quest standalone. These will show both "Supports Rift" and "Supports Quest" in the store. You can find these games here.

Hopefully that helps clear some things up. Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns, and I'm happy to help! 😁

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

Useful to know.  

Thanks.  Can I buy Quest2 games etc online, or do I need to do that when wearing the gear?

Hey there, harry.swift.39! We see you need a bit of insight on how to purchase games and apps. No worries, we have you covered. You can make purchases through your headset as well as on the Meta Quest mobile app. You can read more information about it here. We hope this is helpful to you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!