cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are new Quest Pro controllers supposed to look like this?

WestX64
Protege

20230317_183128.jpg

I just received a Quest Pro today from Amazon sold and shipped by Amazon and the box was in plastic with an intact pull tab. This is how both controllers looked right out of the box. Like they had some kind of residue on them. Each had a partial X shape as well. What is this and is this expected? 

12 REPLIES 12

JoyfulBison
Explorer

Hello I saw your post and had the same question about what the controllers should look like.
I bought mine from Meta store and they have the same residue, i tried getting in touch with support but there seems to be no way except this forum.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 14.24.06 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 14.24.04.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 14.24.03.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 14.24.05.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-16 at 14.24.06 (1).jpeg

I'm not sure what to do, is this just normal or should i return them?
Any help would be appriciated.

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @JoyfulBison! As @TheAntiSocializer mentioned previously, it definitely looks like a light coat of dust buildup—perhaps due to sitting at the warehouse for a period of time. If it wipes off easily and they work fine, there shouldn't be any issue with them. I haven't been to any warehouses to know exactly why this is, but it's possible the X spot other users are talking about is more than likely some sort of internal warehouse sticker that is removed before the controllers are packaged.

Our return window is 30 days within arrival, so I recommend cleaning the controllers and testing them to see how they work for you. If you find that you have any issues with the controllers, please reach out to @MetaQuestSupport so they can help you out.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your new Touch Pro controllers!

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

Hello TheLegend27
Thanks for the reply.
I will clean them and give them a try.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?