cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgard's Wrath 2 - All progress lost after updating

Mollydog66
Explorer

Headset has just updated with the newest update for Quest 3.  On starting up headset, I had to reinstal game. It is now trying to restart from beginning, so all the months of playing have disappeared. Is this a known update issue and where can I get my saved game back from.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Mollydog66 🙂

uhh, that's bad.

I don't think this is a known issue and normally this kind of thing doesn't happen... although I did see a user months ago who also lost all of his game progress. For him it happened after an update to the game.

I'm afraid, you can't get your old save game back......the cloud backup is overwritten now with a new save game - the beginning of the game.☹️

I'm so sorry and hope this won't happen to me too when I get the next headset update.🙄

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Mollydog66 🙂

uhh, that's bad.

I don't think this is a known issue and normally this kind of thing doesn't happen... although I did see a user months ago who also lost all of his game progress. For him it happened after an update to the game.

I'm afraid, you can't get your old save game back......the cloud backup is overwritten now with a new save game - the beginning of the game.☹️

I'm so sorry and hope this won't happen to me too when I get the next headset update.🙄

Thanks for that. Should of mentioned that I have main account and wife is logged on headset as a second account. It is hers that has started all over again. Mine is perfectly fine and loads at last save. However I'm more into shooters so don't play it much, but she has been playing since release and was very close to finishing. She is livid

She is livid.......I can imagine.😅

It's interesting that for your account the cloud backup worked just fine, while it failed for the second account🤔

@Mollydog66 

something came to my mind.....is it possible that cloud backup was disabled on your wifes account??

Maybe she should check that......would be too sad, if this happens again when she play the game once more

About cloud backup 

Many thanks for info.

Did as you suggested, but the cloud backup is ticked. A couple of other games she plays have saves in cloud and work fine . I don't know how big the last update was, but it took forever and headset was constantly saying to plug in and ensure WiFi is connected for update.

Many thanks anyway for the help

I see....let's hope, next time cloud backup for Asgard's Wrath 2 works without problems.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?