cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgard's Wrath 2 can't ride hippo

Peakester
Honored Guest

Hi.  I'm on the Aqueduct quest with Cyrene.  I solved the puzzle and took the hippo into the water.  I went a short distance (did not get to the next save) and had to quit.  The next day I brought the game up.  I attempted to turn the hippo into the riding version.  The hippo changed but there was not the regular graphic of the hippo changing...it immediately went to ridable hippo.  Weirdly, at this point, I could not get atop the hippo.  The foot stirrup does not show the white circle as an object you can interact with.  Also the "help" ghost image of a person riding the hippo into the water showed only the rider, the hippo was missing.

I was able to change followers via the inventory menu but doing so did not change the riding hippo experience.

I reverted my save but when getting to the Aqueduct again I was not able to board the hippo at all.  I get the same lack of animation turning into the riding hippo as well as the inability to interact with the foot stirrups.  Interestingly, the "help" ghost I talked about before now does show the hippo.

Any suggestions?  I suspect I may have to reinstall the game.  Does that sound like my next step?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Peakester 🙂

Yes, I think you have to uninstall and reinstall the game.
I even had done that first... before I had tried to fix the problem with a roll back and lose save game by doing so.

Make sure, cloud backup is enabled before uninstalling the game.....normally this is set by default to enabled.

But you can have look in settings....just for being save😁

About cloud backup

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Peakester 🙂

Yes, I think you have to uninstall and reinstall the game.
I even had done that first... before I had tried to fix the problem with a roll back and lose save game by doing so.

Make sure, cloud backup is enabled before uninstalling the game.....normally this is set by default to enabled.

But you can have look in settings....just for being save😁

About cloud backup

Hogswill
Explorer

Sorry to drop on on this but I can't solve the puzzle. I just don't have enough pieces. I have even looked at the solution on YouTube but still do not have enough. Please help. Thanks 

Hi @Hogswill 🙂

Yes, that was a tricky one.

Do you have the two cursed parts which you have to free with Mereret?

Ah, no. I don't have the hippo. I assumed I had to do the puzzle to get him. Is he available just in the area without doing anything?

You can't solve the puzzle without Mereret's help.

Actually you should have found her shortly before the god puzzle.

Start the video at 43.56......it shows, where you can find the hippo.

[video]

I hope you can still find the hippo now, since you've already starting with the puzzle.

If not, you maybe have to roll back your save game.....wish you luck🤞

Many thanks. I will look later. I appreciate the time you have taken.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?