cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance needed with parent managed account creation

lebkuecher
Honored Guest

For months, I have been trying to find a way to tech Meta Support.  It doesn't exist! 

My child created an account without my permission.  I need every account under the Meta umbrella with the email removed immediately. 

I am trying to setup him up for a child account for the Quest, but I can't because it says that email is already associated with a Meta account.

Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! At Meta Quest Support, we take account security seriously, especially for those under 13. We can see that you're looking into creating an account for your child, and would love to assist you any way we can. If your child created their original flagged account with a current email, that email will be unavailable for use until after that account is deleted. It may take up to 90 days for it to be deleted. We hope this information was helpful, and wish for safe adventures in VR!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! At Meta Quest Support, we take account security seriously, especially for those under 13. We can see that you're looking into creating an account for your child, and would love to assist you any way we can. If your child created their original flagged account with a current email, that email will be unavailable for use until after that account is deleted. It may take up to 90 days for it to be deleted. We hope this information was helpful, and wish for safe adventures in VR!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

lebkuecher
Honored Guest

Can you delete every account under Meta with that email address?

Please follow these steps here to schedule the deletion of an account so that you can make a new child account. As we mentioned in our previous response, the deletion of Meta account data may take up to 90 days. We hope that this has answered all of your questions and concerns. Please feel free to shoot us a private message if you are still unable to schedule an account for deletion so that we can look into that for you and collect sensitive account information while keeping it safe from the public. To send us a PM, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing back from you soon! 

I an unable to delete it myself, when I log in under the child account, there is a message that it has been suspended, and I am unable to do anything with it.  Please assist me in deleting the account.

Thank you for letting us know. We'd love to help you further with this. In order to do so, can you please send us a PM? That way, we can collect account information and proceed with this matter for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We can't wait to hear back from you soon! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?