cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention: mods and anyone this may pertain to regarding Subnautica MANY VERSIONS out of date!!

Comic_Book_Guy
Level 9
I have opened tickets more than once over the last couple years and the answer is always the same; "we don't have anything to do with developers updating their games on our store". This is unacceptable and laughable. If I bought Subnautica on GoG or Steam it would not be out of date. This very much IS  a Oculus problem, yet they are shrugging their shoulders saying " not our problem". 
Subnautica is still version 1.0 and not recieving updates on Oculus Home!!! How is this legal, or OK? I want my money back if Oculus is refusing to keep games they sell up to date, but I'm being given a copy pasted response in that regard ( more than two weeks /more than 2 hours = no refund). 

I need this issue brought to the attention of anyone able to address it. I do NOT need copy pasta answers and cold shoulder!
15 REPLIES 15

RuneSR2
Level 15
If it's such a big problem, why not just get the Steam version too? It's just $25 or so - but you might lose asw2.0 support unless the Steam version has native Oculus driver support.

Or contact the devs through Steam - I often do that when having trouble with an Oculus version of a game:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Level 15
Btw, seems the Steam version does have native Oculus driver support:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/4/1693785669858168742/

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
He already contacted the devs and got a reply blaming Oculus. That's why it would be useful to have a copy of that response in order to chase this up.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)

RuneSR2
Level 15

He already contacted the devs and got a reply blaming Oculus. That's why it would be useful to have a copy of that response in order to chase this up.

Ok, did not have time to read all the details. So buy the Steam version and see if it's much better - or refund within 2 hrs.

Maybe Oculus tested recent SN updates and found problems - they seem to have a strict quality control, but I'm just guessing. As stated by others in this thread, Oculus normally keeps games and apps updated. Btw, have updated my SN Oculus version several times hoping the devs would fix hud and controls, but it never hapoened, maybe I should try the Steam version, lol - and SN really is the most awesome game in VR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Comic_Book_Guy

And Lulu, Updates aren't necessary?? There is a ton of features and fixes with the Little Big update. 

Like what? Bug fixes? Those aren't necessary as long as said bugs aren't game-breaking. They're welcome, but not necessary. Again, your reaction is way out of proportions.
Then again, if you really want the updated version, grab a crack. As I said, I do agree with you. If the game isn't updated on a store, it's definitely an issue, and the user definitely shouldn't have to pay for this mistake.

Anonymous
Not applicable
But as stated already - if the game isnt updated its not Oculus fault - it would be the game devs fault for not uploading the newest version. Even if they blame Oculus - they need to state why that is so - as it would be 100% up to the dev to upload. It isnt even that hard to push a new version - so is there is a problem it really is the games dev fault for not doing anything about it.  If they really are having issues uploading a new version - I say let the devs know to post here in the forums and on Reddit the community will back them up for Oculus to get this fix. Other wise - till then - the fault is on the devs.