cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suzuchan.978671
Honored Guest

I've been having this really annoying bug on my Quest 3 where my avatar constantly has the wrong skin tone for her entitre body except for the head. For example, her head is the normal color but the rest of her body appears vampire white. This applies to every game and app that uses the avatar, including the home screen. I've had the Quest 3 since the 10th and I just started having this problem all of a sudden yesterday. I tried doing literally everything including multiple restarts, creating a new profile, and even factory reseting, but unfortunately nothing seems to work 😞

I'll provide a few screenshots from the Meta Horizons app to give you a better idea of my problem. The top one is normal, and the bottom one is the skin tone problem I just started having yesterday:

Screenshot_20231028_095416_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231028_095341_Gallery.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix this? Would Meta let me exchange for another unit over this? It's incredibly frustrating and quite frankly makes me less inclined to use my Quest.

3 REPLIES 3

nalex66
MVP
MVP

It’s most likely a server side problem with Meta, and not something you can fix on your end. It certainly wouldn’t be anything to do with your hardware.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Hey @suzuchan.978671! We definitely understand how important it is to reflect your avatar to your personalization, and want to ensure we help you out as much as possible. 

One thing we recommend is saving the overall skin tone to a different color, waiting a bit, and then switching it back to your preferred skin tone to see if this helps!

If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know and we will be more than happy to continue looking into this for you.

We hope to hear back and look forward to working together on this!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey! We were just checking in on your issue with your avatar. We want to make sure you get the assistance you need, and to let you know we are here if you still need us!

Please let us know if the instructions previously posted worked out for you or if your require further assistance, and we will be more than happy to help. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!