cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lyonheart71
Honored Guest

My avatar was changed into a female by my wife. When I went in to change it back I keep getting a network error. What the heck is this!!!

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, Lyonheart71! Having a personalized avatar is a great feature that we wouldn't want you to miss out on! We would recommend rebooting your headset to see if that fixed the network error, you can perform a reboot by holding the power button down for 60 seconds while on to shut down the headset and turn in back on! You can also hold down the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds to open the USB update mode menu and from there you can choose the option "Reboot device" by selecting it with the power button! 

We hope this helps! If not, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us via private message where we will be able to take a deeper look into why you are receiving this network error! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

NeenaVR
Explorer

Were you able to change your avatar back? I am unable to change mine at all and it is set up as a man. There is no option for it. I can only change the appearance of the man.

Hey there NeenaVR! We get how creating your avatar can be fun and how making sure it's the gender you'd like it to represent is important. The help article Creating an avatar with Meta Quest will walk you through step by step to tweak your looks and style. Keep in mind Oculus avatars do not have a gender. You will alter your appearance using either masculine or feminine features to your liking. We hope this helps and you're pleased with your avatar outcome.

Should you ever have any account specific related issues or questions please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We're here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!