cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber add-ons not sharing on Quest 2

ColoXtine
Explorer

My husband and I have separate accounts and one Oculus Quest 2. I was able to play Beat Saber we purchased on his account using mine. I just bought a music pack add-on with his account. I went into mine and it's asking me to buy it again. I don't understand why I can play the game but not the add-on. It's a family Oculus and if I want to have my own account to track my own progress outside my husband I should be able to. It's not like we can play the same game together since it's the same Oculus. 

162 REPLIES 162

capnjokerr4311
Honored Guest

Same here. I bought the rock pack. I know they make their money on the micro transactions but I won't be buying any more packs if I can't share them with the other people with whom I share the app. Even if we wanted to buy it again, which we don't, we can't buy it on the shared account because it says they have to buy the full app. Ridiculous. 

Hi there, thank you for bringing this to our attention and letting us know. This appears to be a new issue that our specialized team is aware of and is working around the clock to resolve. Please keep a lookout on our community forums, where we are always posting updates.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Could you please clarify what will be the solution, I hope you will allow sharing DLC between accounts on same device.

Hi there @fanny.et.les.enfants! Thanks for asking a wonderful question. Discouragingly, we won't have this answer until the team has finished investigating the issue. Please keep an eye out for that update. It will be posted as soon as we find out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, How is the investigation going? 

I'm dubious that there is an investigation happening, due to the lack of any response since 22 January.

ThyRuinedKing
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Looks like some miscommunication occurred, sorry about that @ramzoah and @kunoichi-chan. The investigation that was previously mentioned was in relation to app sharing which has since been resolved. Content such as DLCs is intended to not be sharable.

EDIT: Disclaimer, this was marked as Accepted Solution to inform others that the DLCs are intended to not be shareable. There is no fix to this as it is not a bug.

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Black Desert Online.

And yet, if that is so, why isn't the information up front and central telling people about to purchase a DLC this information? As you can see from this thread, this information is lacking and feels very dishonest by the company to offer a game that you can share on the same headset with other household members, with absolutely zero way to purchase a DLC for both people on the same headset (without possibly buying a second main game, and I'm not 100% certain on that). We still need a solution to the problem, so I don't think that this can really be marked as "resolved".

Exactly! It just says share it doesn’t say… only the platform not the songs. Oh and by the way you won’t be able to even purchase the song a second time. 

My children’s solution was to quit using the oculus.