cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber add-ons not sharing on Quest 2

ColoXtine
Explorer

My husband and I have separate accounts and one Oculus Quest 2. I was able to play Beat Saber we purchased on his account using mine. I just bought a music pack add-on with his account. I went into mine and it's asking me to buy it again. I don't understand why I can play the game but not the add-on. It's a family Oculus and if I want to have my own account to track my own progress outside my husband I should be able to. It's not like we can play the same game together since it's the same Oculus. 

162 REPLIES 162

You think that's bad you should see all the good that the Meta board voted against. Anything that had to do with juveniles, or equality, basically humanity realted they voted down. Meta f****** sucks as a company. Their motto should be profit over people. 

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Again, this doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. It should be signposted better, but it's nothing new. In my opinion, this is like complaining about how buying Beat Saber on Quest/Quest 2 doesn't give you an automatic copy for PCVR on the Rift store or in Steam. Personally, I'm more surprised when DLC can be shared between accounts then when it can't.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

mahSoods
Explorer

Same!! I wanted the Billie Eilish one so my partner bought it, assuming I could play it on my own account. Took all the fun out of the game for me when I found out I’d have to play on his account to access those songs. 👎🏼

I’ll play other games. I’m too stubborn to pay for ish twice. 

Generally speaking, I don't buy games twice either. Not unless there's a compelling reason like features that change how you play such as VR or it being a re-release and my original copy no longer being playable. I'll be buying Curse: Eye of Isis for example because my physical copy can't be played due to my current computer not having a CD drive. I don't have that many PS4 games. Okay, I have a lot of them, but not compared to XB1 games. And my PS3 library is tiny, especially compared to my Xbox 360 library. This is because I refused to buy the same games multiple times for different platforms.

And I do understand why people are up in arms over this. Really, I do. The fact the DLC is not sharable really needs to be sign posted better.

With that in mind, unless your home has a separate Quest 2 for each and every person I'm really not seeing what the big deal is. If it offends you so much to pay for a song pack that someone else in the household already bought, then just don't do it. There's nothing preventing both of you from playing those songs in Beat Saber. Okay, so the high scores wont be listed under your user. But is that really that big of a deal? And if it is, then you can buy the song pack for yourself. They aren't that expensive.

Yes, I get the reason for the complaining. I had to buy Beat Saber and the Imagine Dragons song pack twice myself. Once on the Quest, and then again on Steam because for a while I only had a Vive Cosmos VR headset and wanted to keep working out. And really, blaming this on Beat Games/Facebook/Valve is not really helpful. After all, it's the record labels who set the pricing scheme and decided the DLC wont be sharable. You know, the same record labels who made it illegal to play an album on your boombox if you're out in the public. And who would love to make it illegal for more then the one person who bought it to listen to an album in their own home.

I have no issue with buying the DLC a second time or buying a different DLC on the 2nd account however you cant do this. If you try and purchase a DLC on a secondary account I get an error saying that this account hasn't purchased BeatSaber = you have to buy the game a 2nd time on the secondary account.

EstonianGoddess
Honored Guest

It amazes me (and not in a good way) that this has still not been fixed. Wow.

MrsHigyHigerson
Honored Guest

Sadly this is a year later and it's still not fixed. I figured this out the hard way after buying a song pack on my husband's account. The fact that this is a thing should be posted when you buy/install the game. Annoying because my husband installed the game (it was included in the holiday bundle we bought on black Friday) and has no desire to play it because he doesn't like the EDM that comes with it. 

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

There's nothing to "fix" about this. Account sharing for Beat Saber is not, and never was a thing. As such, regardless of how long you wait, it's unlikely to change. Does that suck? Hell yes. But it's not worth complaining long and hard about either. Especially since this may not even be something the developers can do something about. If it's the RCAA insisting that songs are limited by account so they have to be bought over and over for different accounts, then there's little that will change the RCAA's mind about that.

The point is they SHOULD SAY that it isn’t shareable before you buy the addons! The whole point of my buying it was for my husband.. it was like they tricked me.. beat saver itself is shareable so I assumed purchases within the app were too. They are money grubbing asshats. But all that aside.. they just need to state a one liner that it cannot be shared. End of story then people can be informed before they purchase!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?