cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber no longer loading?

luk.tex
Explorer

Not been able to load Beat Saber on my Meta Quest 3 for a couple days now. It gets to the logo with darkness all around and stops there. I have to enter pass-through to get out of the game. I have multiple accounts on the Q3 and Beat Saber doesn't work on any of the accounts.

I've tried uninstalling it via the storage settings, restarting the headsest, both at the same time. I'm not sure what else to try.

9 REPLIES 9

Kamalolo
Honored Guest

I am having the same problem with Beat Saber on Quest 2. Only thing that worked was to factory reset the headset. Even then, the game launched once or twice successfully, and then the problem occurred again. I don’t know what to do, but my kids are very disappointed that they can’t the signature game for Quest.

luk.tex
Explorer

Tested on another Quest 3 I own that doesn't have any other accounts / app sharing. Beat Saber is working fine on it and I haven't hit the same bug as in my original post (yet).

Makes me think the issue is to do with having multiple accounts / app sharing. That's the only notable thing I think I have different with my other Q3.

That's a good idea @luk.tex !

Have you checked what happens if you turn off app sharing on your other headset?

Is beat saber working then?

If not already done, you and @Kamalolo should open a support ticket.

Scroll down to "contact support" or

send a PM @MetaQuestSupport 

click on the name to vist their profile page, then click the"send a message" button.

Hey @luk.tex! Great observation. What other troubleshooting steps have you attempted? Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app? Let us know how we can assist you further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Knock Knock @luk.tex! Are you still having issues with Beat Saber? If you got it resolved let us know what steps you took. Hope to hear back from you  

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, restarting the headset and now I've tried disabling app sharing. Nothing has worked so far. Though, after I enabled app sharing, it did take days until Beat Saber stopped working .

I'll send a PM @MetaQuestSupport to make a ticket

RandyBeRacing
Honored Guest

Same issue here.  I have found that I have to restart the headset, then switch accounts, then play Beat Saber. If I switch accounts and launch beat saber, it locks up on the load screen.  It's crazy.  This only started happening when I added my wife's meta account as a sub account to the headset my son and I were already on.

Hey there, @RandyBeRacing, we understand how excited your family is to start playing VR all together! We see that there has been some issues loading Beat Saber on your wife's account. 

We would like to confirm if you have turned on App Sharing on your Meta Quest headset and have selected your wife's account?

We hope to hear back from you soon, thank you!

Hey again, @RandyBeRacing, we're just circling around to offer any more assistance that you might need from us. If so, please reach out to us soon, we are always happy to help our users. 

Always free feel to reach out if any other questions or concerns arise in the future, thank you. Have a great one!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?