cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber suddenly not registering some hits

geekraver
Protege
I got the Quest 2 for Xmas and have been enjoying it, and have been playing Beat Saber nearly every day. Its been working great until the last couple of days, where I now experience somewhere between 2-5% of my hits, which are clearly clean and go through the blocks, register as misses (including no tactile feedback). It looks like the Beat Saber app has not been updated recently, so this seems like a platform or hardware issue. My controller batteries are at around 50% charge. Has anyone else been experiencing a similar problem? I mostly play multiplayer so this is really frustrating.
14 REPLIES 14

PITTCANNA
Visionary
What i have found is if wander from the home position too much, it affects tracking.

What i mean is when you recenenter the hmd you will see 2 foot prints on the floor as "home" position this is at the song select screen.

That said, other things thing can throw off tracking:

Clean the camera lenses with a microfiber cloth
Ensure you do not have excess daylight in the room
Light the area more uniformly
Also battery life is hard to gage off of AA bateries, as some the resistance doesn't take a hit until they are actually depleted.  So 50% may actually be 20% i tend to go by rating hours.

geekraver
Protege
Thanks, I'll reset the guardian and make sure I am centered, plus change the batteries, and see if the problem persists.

Mindstate
Honored Guest
Also!!! As Pittcanna wrote..  -Don't forget to vipe of the cameras...
A smudgy lens affects the precision a lot more than one can imagine. Especialy if the playarea is not lit proper..

The solutions is in the little things 

GrannyFranny55
Honored Guest

This is happening to me, too. It always happens on my lower right and left sides. I make sure my feet are in the zone. I don’t have too much light, and I clean my lenses with a cloth, often. It’s maddening. I was thinking of doing a factory reset. I’m beyond frustrated. 

ScooterDixie
Protege

I noticed the same thing started happening to me a few weeks ago.  Fully charged controllers, good lighting and clean lenses.

Exactly the same issue right here. I'm either hitting the block and it'll claim it as a "miss" or the lightsaber will vanish for a brief moment which also registers as a "miss". 

Good lighting, clean lenses, maximum charge and fresh batteries, I've reset my Guardian Boundary multiple times on both roomscale and stationary, I've tweaked the settings much as I can, my internet connection is stable, and there are no updates for either BeatSaber or the Oculus VR Quest 2. I'm at a complete loss. I play on Expert for 99% of my stuff, and songs that I know well and used to get 100% combos in, I'm now failing halfway through. I honestly have no clue and it's really upsetting my gameplay. 

I got my quest 2 yesterday, i do have the exact same Problems! It's infuriating and I'm debating if I should return it immediately... I bought it only for Beat Saber but the tracking is off.

I tried:

New batteries

Charge headset fully 

Move beat saber play space in settings

Clean cameras

Deactivate Guardian 

Change hertz to 50 and 60

Tried 3 different rooms, no mirrors, day and night time

Turned mirror off in beat saber settings

It often still fails to register hits on the far right and left. Sometimes it feels like the game can not keep up with registering the hits. I don't even play very fast songs... 

I'm really bummed right now, was looking forward to this so much. I hope this is not how the quest 2 tracking normally works and that it can be fixed somehow. But the thread seems to be quite old... 😔

Hey there, @FrostyTheDemon! We understand how this may be effecting your gameplay. Please allow us to fix this for you by directing you to our specialized support team at Meta Store Support

Here are the steps on how to:
1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
* The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Our agents there should be able to look into your logs and hopefully find what may be causing the issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Mad.MACs
Honored Guest

Yes and it's making me nuts! I'm using quest 2 headset with pro controllers! Also I'm playing in a very well lit room with 2 separate infrared flood lights just for good measure! The infrared lights are not pointed directly at me but rather reflecting off the white walls! 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?