cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat saber- controller not working

plecorich
Honored Guest

Hi

I am having an issue where I can no longer play beat sabre because either the left or the right controller is not detected. I have tried unpairing and repairing both controllers and they alternate working. I have restarted the quest 2 and verified the app is updated. Any other suggestions? Both controllers work with other applications e.g. fitxr so I'm at a loss. 

13 REPLIES 13

TecNiCal
Honored Guest

Are you playing in 1 Controller Mode?

Not intentionally! How do I check thar and adjust to 2 controller mode? I'm having tye objects come at me from both sides so I don't tyink so

Are the objects different colors?

Yes 2 different colors

Interesting, try rebooting your Quest 2, here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eGVwTZAyy8E

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @plecorich, we noticed you are needing help with your controllers. We know that the controller is preventing you from using the headset as intended, and we understand how important it is for you to have a functioning product to be able to play in the amazing world of VR flawlessly. So that you can get back to playing Beat Saber with your controllers, we will do all that we can to assist you!

Can you please attempt the following troubleshooting steps for us:

• Remove the batteries for 10-15 minutes and place in brand new batteries (this will reset the firmware).
  • Make sure the battery bay is clean.
  • Hard reboot the headset.
    1. Turn off your headset completely.
    2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
    4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Un-pair and re-pair the left controller and, double check the new batteries have no cosmetic damage and is brand new.

Hard reboot your headset:

1. Turn off your headset completely.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hiya hiya! We're just moseying on over to see if you are still in need of assistance. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes still need assistance. I have been through all the troubleshooting steps and it still does not work with both controllers while playing beat sabre (works with fitxr though)

Since the problem only exists in beat saber, uninstalling and reinstalling the game might fix the problem.

Just saying, in case you haven't already tried that.