cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beatsaber wont show in desktop App or when it is linked.

slaughter1122
Honored Guest

Hello,

A while back i had bought Beatsaber through the Oculus VR headset shop and it worked fine and showed in the mobile app and still does however when i link the oculus to my PC and desktop app all of my games dont show in my libary both in the desktop app and the actual oculus itself when connected but when i unconnect it, it shows them all again through the oculus. they are all on the same wifi and internet and i have logged out and back in again multiple times and it still hasn't changed anything. the only 3 apps i have in the Desktop libary is Oculus First Steps, Oculus Dreamdeck and Oculus First Contact.  

So basically my apps and games wont show up in the Desktop app liabry but do in the mobile app and when i connect my Headset to my PC they dont show up there either but when i disconnect the headset and go back to how it normally is it shows them again in my original libary. it always shows up on my phone app that i have my games.

I can't figure this out for the life of me does anyone know why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

Some games are "Cross Buy". This means when you buy a copy on one Oculus store (like Quest store), you can get a free copy on the other store (Rift store, for PC). This is not automatic though, the game won't appear in your PC library immediately. First you have to go into the PC store, find the game, and the price will be listed as "Free". Buy it again (as free) and it will be added to your PC library.

But games like Beat Saber choose to not be Cross Buy. This means you have to buy them twice if you want them on two different platforms. It's like buying a Nintendo DS game, you don't get a Switch version for free. Or an Xbox game doesn't (usually) give you a free PC version. There's exceptions, but same here.

When you use Link to connect a Quest to a PC, you swap to the Rift store. So you only see (and play) what is in your Rift (PC) library. When you disconnect from the PC, you are back to the Quest store.

There's a list of Cross Buy games here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

slaughter1122
Honored Guest

i would also like to make clear i had only linked my Headset to my PC yesterday.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Some games are "Cross Buy". This means when you buy a copy on one Oculus store (like Quest store), you can get a free copy on the other store (Rift store, for PC). This is not automatic though, the game won't appear in your PC library immediately. First you have to go into the PC store, find the game, and the price will be listed as "Free". Buy it again (as free) and it will be added to your PC library.

But games like Beat Saber choose to not be Cross Buy. This means you have to buy them twice if you want them on two different platforms. It's like buying a Nintendo DS game, you don't get a Switch version for free. Or an Xbox game doesn't (usually) give you a free PC version. There's exceptions, but same here.

When you use Link to connect a Quest to a PC, you swap to the Rift store. So you only see (and play) what is in your Rift (PC) library. When you disconnect from the PC, you are back to the Quest store.

There's a list of Cross Buy games here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

thank you very much i had no idea that this was a thing.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?