cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BigScreen Beta update problem

tonyanorway
Explorer

Just updated to the latest firmare on my Oculus Quest 1 headset and I have an additional 14 app updates.

The device works just fine but the queue of app updates is stuck as the BigScreen Beta app is just displaying "installing" and not actually doing anything.

Tried restarting several times but the same thing happens, BigScreen Beta is "installing".

Also went to uninstall it from the app list but it's not there.

Any bright ideas, people?

2 REPLIES 2

phillipcrunk
Explorer

Same thing happened to me right before Christmas. I posted on here about it. I will advise you to NOT reset your headset back to factory unless you don't mind loosing all of your games progress. Because that's what happened to me. I thought I was safe because of the cloud save feature. I don't know what to tell on how to fix 8t otherwise.Oculus support didn't know how to help me. I tried reaching out to big screen beta & heard back nothing. I would like to know why this happened to us. When reinstalling my games I didn't reinstall big screen. Im still upset with losing my game progress. A lot of hrs I lost. A year worth.

Good luck!! 

tonyanorway
Explorer

Thanks for your reply phillipcrunk but I only noticed it AFTER the reset of the headset. However the factory reset did clear the blockage out. I contacted Oculus on WhatsApp before I reset but all I got was the standard cut & paste solutions like "restart the device" and "reinstall everything".