cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen quest 3

copyman1978
Honored Guest

Hello,

I can turn on mij device bij have only a black screen. When i try a hard reset i don't have the menu on startup. 

I see just sometime a glitch, thats all.

My meta quest link find the device and the software version is 0. 

what can i do?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @copyman1978! We are so glad you reached out about your Meta Quest 3. We understand that you have been experiencing a black screen and that your software version is showing 0. We are more than happy to help you out but to get a better idea of hat may be going on we do have a few questions to ask you.

• How long has this been happening?
  • Is the headset able to power on? if so, what LED lights are you seeing on the headset?
  • When you checked the software version where did you go to check?
  • When your screen first went black can you describe what was going on with he headset? (charging it, was it in the middle of a software update, did you just perform a factory reset, etc.)

Once we have the answers to the questions above we will know which direction to go in to help fix your issue. Hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @copyman1978! Just checking in to see if you were still needing some assistance with your black screen issue. If not we are so happy it was fixed but if you do need help, please message us back so that we can help you get back to having fun in VR! 

Hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello,

Its just an week ago.

Yes I can power on my headset. There are white lights on the front.

I checked the version on the program "meta quick link".

I was just in my menu of the headset, and he justr going to black. Thats it. No charging, no update a now, or it's was in the background. I try to doing factory reset but I don't get the menu whene is hold the power on butten en the volume - button.

We are grateful for all these details, as they really help us understand a bit more of what you are experiencing. To further assist you, we want to get you a private message so we can collect some information from you to explore the next available steps. To do so, simply click on our name to access our profile page, or click on the provided link. Once there, select "Send a Message" to privately message us. Please note that you must be signed in to the community before sending a private message. We eagerly await your response.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?