cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank screen after factory reset

JohhnyDollar
Honored Guest

Device was frozen on login screen, and only responding to movement every few seconds for maybe half a second at a time. Controller tracking is also broken and buttons respond at similar intervals to the headset, and they also vibrate about every 2 seconds. I performed a factory reset and there is music playing but the screen is on but completely blank aside from the volume display. The controllers are also unresponsive and are still vibrating

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JohhnyDollar. We know how concerning it can be to have a black screen on your VR. Trust and believe that we'll stop at nothing to get you the assistance you need with this. Since you've already tried a factory reset and that didn't help, we'll like for you to go to our support website

This because we are limited to the amount of resources that we have access to. By you creating a ticket on our support website, you'll be able to speak with our support team who'll be more than happy to look into any and all of your options. 

On our support website, please follow this workflow to get connected with one of our wonderful agents. 

Meta Quest 2 > Headset > Display > Display stuck on black screen > This does not solve my issue (Please don't select Request replacement)

After you do that you'll have the option to speak with a agent through a email, a live chat, a chat via WhatsApp, or a scheduled phone call. 

We wish you the best and hope that they can come up with a solution that'll fit you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

IIEXPELLEDII
Honored Guest

Have you found anyway to fix it, I got my quest 2 from a guy off market place and can't get a replacement I don't know what to do

Hey there, @IIEXPELLEDII. Thank you for reaching out and bringing your black screen issues to our attention. Something like this can definitely put a roadblock in your VR experience, and we want to get this straightened out. So we can start to figure this out for you, can you tell us the following?

Have you done the same troubleshooting such as a factory default? 

What troubleshooting have you done?

Please let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to your response.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, @IIEXPELLEDII! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with a black screen after dong a factory reset. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!